Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1285.00EUR €1070.00GBP £865.00
|Route||Alice Springs , Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1285.00EUR €1070.00GBP £865.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Alice Springs): Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
DEFAULT PICK UP (begin Ayers Rock): Desert Gardens Hotel, 1:45pm
Kick off the next leg of your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop this morning is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. The 36 domes of Kata Tjuta will fascinate you, as you get up close to the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. You will be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 2 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh (and your legs are too!) enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the impressive formations and towering rock faces of Kings Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, discover the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs (overnight accommodation included, dinner at own expense). (BL)
Day 4 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals and activities at own expense).
Day 5 – Alice Springs to Coober Pedy
PICK UP DAY 5: Haven Backpacker Resort, 07:30am
An early departure this morning as we make our way to Coober Pedy, crossing the Northern Territory/South Australian border. We take a break at the outback town of Marla, where you have a chance to purchase some lunch and stretch your legs. Our next stop is Coober Pedy, ‘the Opal Capital of the World’. Upon arrival your guide will give you a tour of this unique town, before visiting an underground mine and museum where we enjoy a guided tour. You will also have a chance to purchase some of the stunning opal jewellery produced from the mine. Tonight we stay in a unique underground bunkhouse in Coober Pedy.
Day 6 – Coober Pedy to Adelaide
After breakfast we continue the journey south along the Stuart Highway and stop at some of the salt lakes of Central Australia for an interesting photo opportunity. We pass by the ‘rocket-launching’ town of Woomera — part of a former military test site. Next we make our way to Port Augusta where we stop to enjoy lunch. We’re on the home stretch now! Leaving the vast open outback plains behind us, we make our way into South Australia’s capital city Adelaide, where your 12 day adventure finishes. (B)
Day 7 – 8 Adelaide
Enjoy two free days in Adelaide to explore the city, catch the tram to the beachside city of Glenelg or perhaps venture out of town to Kangaroo Island or the Barossa Valley on one of our day tours (overnight dorm accommodation included, meals and activities at own expense).
Day 9 – Adelaide to Grampians National Park
PICK UP DAY 9: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
We journey through the beautiful Adelaide Hills and cross the mighty Murray River before travelling across the Victorian border and onto Horsham where we break for lunch. Grampians National Park is a rugged ancient landscape and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. We make the most of our afternoon to explore the region and visit McKenzie Falls where we hike to view the stunning falls. We then enjoy a short nature walk to take in the full beauty of the Grampians and its truly spectacular landscapes. Enjoy dinner before we overnight in the Grampians. (LD)
Day 10 – Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
Up early this morning we make our way to Australian National Heritage listed and world renowned Great Ocean Road. After a quick morning tea stop in the friendly town of Port Campbell, (own expense) we explore Port Campbell National Park including a visit to Loch Ard Gorge and the magnificent Twelve Apostles rock formation where we stop for lunch. We pass Apollo Bay before taking a break to stretch our legs in the seaside town of Lorne. A short stop at Kennett River allows you to do some koala spotting before taking on that last part of the Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed surf location, Bells Beach, before we make our final journey into cosmopolitan Melbourne. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Alice Springs accommodation from 5:45am - Default pick up: Haven Backpacker Resort at 06:10am. OR Ayers Rock Resort 1:45pm* (after lunch) from Desert Gardens Hotel.
Arrival location: Select Melbourne accommodation early evening day 10
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- Accommodation transfers
- 2 nights camping, 7 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities.
- Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
- Opal Mine Tour
- National Park entry fees
Accommodation Upgrades: 2 nights camping, 6 nights budget ensuite, 1 night at 4 star Desert Cave Hotel
Double/Twin: AUD $1535 / €1280 / ₤1030
Single: AUD $1960 / €1635 / ₤1315
- Camel Ride
- Helicopter Flight at Kings Creek Station
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Towel and toiletries
- Warm clothing in winter
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag (can be purchsed for $30)
- Insect repellent
- Money for meals not included
- This is a combination tour so you may travel with a different guide and passengers during each section
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk
- ** Flight must arrive at Yulara Airport before 1:20pm to connect with Yulara Airport Shuttle (free) to Desert Gardens Hotel. Passengers arriving on flights after this time may forfeit day 1 afternoon activities.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- There is a STRICT luggage limit of 15kgs
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner