Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin - Katherine Gorge – Daly Waters
DEFAULT/ONLY PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 2 – Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin Accommodation from 6:00am. Default Pick Up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 2
Tour departs: Year round: Sat (except the 6th of April 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide/driver
- accommodation transfers
- one night dorm share accommodation
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- money for meals
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Darwin and Alice Springs. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted far any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604