Easily the best way to travel from Alice Springs to Darwin in a hurry and still see some of the breathtaking outback sites along the way.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Daly Waters
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melaleuca on Mitchell, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short returnwalk to Baruwei lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and itssignificance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue ourjourney south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight in our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) wherewe have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditionalowners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart ofthe Red Centre, Alice Springs.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06.00am. Default pick up: Melaleuca on Mitchell at 06:50am (52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 2
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- accommodation transfers
- comfortable mini coach
- one night camping including fees and equipement
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- insect repellent
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- This trip is designed to be an express between Alice Springs and Darwin and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
- Please note that some areas in Nitmiluk National Park are seasonal and may not be available during thewet season.
From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag fromus.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guidebefore departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pickup point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do nothear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on thisdocument. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receivenotification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriatetime.