Easily the best way to travel from Alice Springs to Darwin in a hurry and still see some of the breathtaking outback sites along the way.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $325.00EUR €225.00GBP £190.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $325.00EUR €225.00GBP £190.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Daly Waters
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melaleuca on Mitchell, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 05:50am.
We depart fromDarwinearly and make our way toNitmilukNational Park. Our first stop is the beautifulEdithFallsfor a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight in our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Melaleuca on Mitchell at 05:50am (52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 2
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- accommodation transfers
- air-conditioned vehicle
- one night camping including fees and equipement
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- insect repellent
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details. Some areas in Nitmiluk National Park are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
- This trip is designed to be an express between Alice Springs and Darwin and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre- purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. In July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent request an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.