This adventure combines three of our popular tours and will leave you on Cloud 9. Starting in Darwin in the Top End, the tours will take you into the jewel of the Top End, Kakadu National Park, where you'll see the beautiful Jim Jim Falls. Relax and take a swim before checking out Litchfield National Park, another unforgettable experience. From here we'll take you down the Centre to Alice Springs, camp at Daly Waters and enjoy a meal at one of Australia's quirkiest outback Pubs. You'll get the full Uluru experience watching the sun rise and set over the rock. Close your eyes at night in bush sleeping bags under the stars (swag). Explore Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and Kings Canyon and dust off your walking shoes. Made up of three separate tours, the Cloud 9 will ensure you don't miss a beat. The tour finishes in Alice Springs in the early evening.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1540.00EUR €1070.00GBP £920.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1540.00EUR €1070.00GBP £920.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to the beautiful Litchfield National Park where we visit the stunningwaterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into WulnaCountry and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, theLimilngan –Wulna people^. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks,didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing.We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife tosee. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a wellearnedrest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its beautiful natural features and for beingthe centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover and admire ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirrbefore climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fantastic views over the Nardab floodplain. We then travelto Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) for a hike followed by a swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at ourpermanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown of Kakadu and certainto be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we’ll take in the stunning views of this 200m naturalwonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. (Twin and Jim Jim Falls not available year round; subject to seasonal availability^^). We see the beauty of the gorge and feel the powerful force ofthe waterfalls from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. On the way back home, thescenery will continue impress as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
Day 4 – Darwin to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautifulEdith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short returnwalk to Baruwei lookout where you can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this beautiful areaand its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continueour journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel -the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight in our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 5 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) wherewe have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditionalowners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the Tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart ofthe Red Centre, Alice Springs.
Day 6 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals andactivities at own expense).
Day 7 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP LOCATION: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to start the day with a ride andexperience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch.Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley ofthe Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanenttent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 8 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walkaround the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as youembark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunityto share experiences and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you willhave the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to ourexclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King’s Canyon.Experience the beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, thelush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. After lunch we make our way back to Alice Springswhere our tour concludes. (BL)
TROPICAL TOP END SUMMER ITINERARY (Nov/ Dec-May)
Day 1 – Litchfield National Park | Cathedral Termite Mounds | Overnight camp. (LD)
Day 2 – Mamukala Wetlands (seasonal) | Wildlife Cruise | Ubirr or Nourlangie Rock (seasonal) | Walk to Gubara Springs | Overnight camp Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gunlom Falls or Motor Car Falls (seasonal) | Warradjan Culture Centre | Return to Darwin. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
A Tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/ Dec-May.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening on day 9.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 2 Aboriginal cultural experiences*^
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 3 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities, 5 nights camping
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 3 nights private ensuite room (twin, double, or single), 5 nights camping
Double/Twin: AUD $1760 per person
Single: AUD $1830 per person
- Camel ride
- Helicopter flight at Kings Canyon
- Canoe at Katherine Gorge
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- ^^Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Note that the opening dates of waterfalls (including Twin and Jim Jim Falls) and attractions vary each year and can change on a daily basis in the wet and shoulder seasons. Visit this website to see live updates on which areas of the park will be open, or contact our Reservations team: http://kakaduroadreport.wordpress.com/ Due to National Park rules and road laws, we cannot guarantee the opening of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other attractions at any time. Alternative activities will be substituted at the tour guides' discretion, dependant on local conditions. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Day 4-5 of this trip is designed to be an express between Alice Springs and Darwin and has a limited itinerary. The distance travelled is some 1,500km and involves a substantial amount of time on the vehicle.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies in Kakadu Nov/Dec-May.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable at Uluru, an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- ^The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Package is made up of 3 separate tours - you may travel with a different guide/passengers on each section.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu). Excess luggage can be stored in Darwin.