Three top experiences in one, this tour will give you a great taste of the Territory at a great price. Enjoy sleeping under the stars in a swag (Aussie bedroll) as we head South from Darwin in the Top End to the Red Centre. Along the way you'll be exposed to plenty of Aboriginal culture as well as the Devil's Marbles(Karlu Karlu), Jim Jim Falls in Kakadu National Park , Katherine Gorge and Litchfield National Park. Jump on the back of a camel for a quick outback ride before stretching your legs with a hike through Kings Canyon and in the Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park. Watch the sunrise over Uluru before the tour concludes in Alice Springs.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1175.00EUR €815.00GBP £705.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving Darwin, we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by thetraditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginalculture with bush tucker talks, didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing. Next stop is the MaryRiver wetlands system, with the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere.Get close (but not too close) to ‘salties’ and other wild creatures on a unique billabong cruise. We arrive atUbirr in time for sunset where you’ll see vivid Aboriginal rock art that dates back over 20,000 years. We thenwe head to our overnight camp in Kakadu. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu
It’s an early start this morning as we take some 4WD action to Twin Falls. Experience a gorge onboard aNational Park operated boat cruise and a walk along the boardwalk. Unwind and relax for a bit on the sandybanks before we explore the awesome wonder that is Jim Jim Falls. First we have a quick lunch break andthen take in the views of this 200m natural wonder before taking the challenging walk to the base where youcan choose to swim or relax on the beautiful beach. We spend the whole afternoon enjoying the scenery andwaterholes before making the short drive to our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
With more amazing waterfalls to experience we head to Maguk and cool off with a dip in the plunge pools.After lunch we take a hike to the top of Gunlom Falls for the spectacular view. After working up a sweat onthe climb take a swim in a waterhole with breathtaking views of the escarpment country. Continue to enjoythe scenery as we make our way back to Darwin before enjoying a night out on the town with your newmates. (BL)
Day 4 – Darwin to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautifulEdith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short returnwalk to Baruwei lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and itssignificance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - theterritory’s oldest pub (own expense). We stay overnight in our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 5 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) wherewe have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditionalowners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart ofthe Red Centre, Alice Springs.
Day 6 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Alice Springs (overnight dorm accommodation included; meals andactivities at own expense).
Day 7 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP LOCATION: Toddy’s Backpackers, 06:05am
Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride on a camel’s back (at own expense). From here it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Take a close look at the 36 domes of KataTjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Get yourcamera ready as the desert sun sets over Uluru. Tonight you can curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoya night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 8 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walkaround the base of Uluru before gaining an insight to the local Aboriginal culture from your guide.Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centrebefore we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleepfor the night. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and towering rock faces of KingsCanyon. Discover the size and beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, discover the LostCity, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. After lunch we make our way backto Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation on day 10.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 5 nights camping
- 3 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel & toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions(including the opening and closing of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other natural attractions), weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag fromus.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) assite is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absentdue to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves theright to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guidebefore departure.
- Package is made up of three separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengerson each section
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pickup point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do nothear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on thisdocument. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receivenotification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriatetime.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu). Excess luggage can be stored in Darwin.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner