Jump on board our Darwin to Alice Springs road trip that includes a visit to the heart of the Red Centre, Uluru. Along the way you’ll stop off at the famous Daly Waters pub after a visit to the breathtaking Katherine Gorge where you’ll have the chance to dust off your walking shoes and explore the outback area. You’ll experience an authentic Uluru Cultural Experience learning about the history of the local Aboriginal communities. Watch the sunset at night and rise in the morning while you camp under the stars. Visit Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and have the full Red Centre experience.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $875.00EUR €610.00GBP £525.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight in our camp at Daly Waters.
Day 2 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs.
Day 3 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP LOCATION: YHA Alice Springs, 06:05am
Our first stop is an authentic outback camel farm where you can choose to take a ride and experience the best in desert transport (at own expense). From here it is off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Explore the 36 domes of Kata Tjuta as you get up close to this ancient geological formation during a Valley of the Winds hike. Fall in love with the desert sun as it sets over Uluru. Tonight you can sleep in a permanent tent or curl up in a swag (Aussie bedroll) and enjoy a night under the stars. (LD)
Day 4 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
An early start is rewarded with the sunrise over Uluru. While the morning’s fresh enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you embark on a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, and to connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to see more Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 5 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the formations and rock faces of King’s Canyon. You will be left breathless by the sheer size and beauty of the canyon, as we trek through the Amphitheatre and discover the Lost City, the lush Garden of Eden, and the North and South Walls. Enjoy a well-deserved lunch before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin). Select Darwin accommodation from 6.20am.
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 5.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guides
- national park entrance fee
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk*
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment and one night dorm accommodation
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel & toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag you may bring your own with you or pre purchase a sleeping bag from us.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable at Uluru, an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.