This Darwin to Alice Springs adventure will give you a great Top End experience exploring Kakadu National Park and Jim Jim Falls all the way down to the Red Centre in Alice Springs. Take a hike through Litchfield National Park before heading down South with a stop over at everyone favourite Daly Waters pub for a drink. This tour also visits Katherine Gorge, Mary River Wetlands and Twin Falls. If you're fascinated by art, you'll enjoy learning more about the Aboriginal rock art from the Northern Territory.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $915.00EUR €635.00GBP £545.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $915.00EUR €635.00GBP £545.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Leaving Darwin, we journey south to Litchfield National Park where we visit waterfalls that flowall year round. Take a swim after lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a CulCul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan –Wulna people. They’ll share with us their local Aboriginal culture with bush tucker talks,didgeridoo lessons, basket weaving and spear throwing.
We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not theonly wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb intoyour sleeping bag for a well-earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to Kakadu National Park, World Heritage listed for its stunning natural featuresand for being the centre of the world's oldest living culture. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock artat Ubirr before climbing to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardabfloodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a swimin the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp in Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today as we make our way to Jim Jim Falls, the crown ofKakadu and certain to be one of our trip highlights. Once we get there, we’ll take in thestunning views of this 200m natural wonder before continuing on to Twin Falls. See the beautyof the gorge from a national park operated boat and boardwalk experience. On the way backhome, the scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon.(BL)
Day 4 – Darwin to Daly Waters
PICK UP LOCATION: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is thebeautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge andlearn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Oncewe finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time fordinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense)where we stay for the night.
Day 5 – Daly Waters to Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (DevilsMarbles) where we have some time to explore the marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to itstraditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn beforefinishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs.
Seasonal itinerary changes
Activities at Katherine Gorge are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 5
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced tour guides
- Aboriginal cultural experience*
- national park entrance fee
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 3 nights camping fees and equipment and one night dorm accommodation with share facilities
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- towel & toiletries
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions (including the opening and closing of Twin and Jim Jim Falls and other natural attractions), weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre purchase one from us.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- From October to March it is likely that you will experience temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius, and sometimes well into the 40’s. Be prepared to endure extra physical stress due to the heat at these times, especially while on walks. These extreme outside temperatures can also place stress on the air-conditioning units within our vehicles which can make travelling uncomfortable. Your tour guide will assist with regular breaks and information to assist keeping hydrated. Conversely, in July and August, very cold temperatures can be experienced in the outback, especially overnight. Please come prepared for all extremes.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu). Excess luggage can be stored in Darwin.