Jump on board our Darwin to Alice Springs road trip that includes a visit to the heart of the Red Centre, Uluru. Along the way you’ll stop off at the famous Daly Waters pub for the night, after a visit to the breathtaking Katherine Gorge where you’ll have the chance to dust off your walking shoes and explore the outback area. You’ll experience an authentic Uluru Cultural Experience learning about the history of the local Aboriginal communities. Watch the sunset at night and rise in the morning while you camp under the stars. Visit Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and have the full Red Centre experience.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $825.00EUR €685.00GBP £555.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin - Katherine Gorge – Daly Waters
PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 2 – Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation included in Alice Springs.
Day 3 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP DAY 3: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock), and a bite to eat. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you, and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru. As the night grows darker, curl up in your permanent tent or enjoy the option of a swag (Aussie bedroll) and experience a night under the outback stars. (LD)
Day 4 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter).* It is a unique opportunity to share experiences, connect with and learn about the oldest culture on earth. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 5 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the impressive formations of Kings Canyon. You’ll be left breathless by the sheer beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Lunch is a welcome prospect, before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin Accommodation from 6:00am. Default Pick Up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/ 52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation evening day 5.
Tour departs: All Year Sat (Except 06Apr13)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- national park entrance fee
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- Aboriginal culture interpretive walk*
- 2 nights camping fees and equipment, and 2 nights dorm accommodation with share facilities.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel & toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- money for meals not included
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Please note that activities at Katherine Gorge are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season.
- This is a packaged tour; therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Darwin and Alice Springs. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- Safaris must be reconfirmed 24-48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).