Max Passengers: 48
AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1540.00EUR €1285.00GBP £1035.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Mary River
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Leaving cosmopolitan Darwin, we journey south to beautiful Litchfield National Park, where we experience the stunning waterfalls that flow all year round. Take a refreshing swim and enjoy lunch before we travel into Wulna Country and receive a Cul Cul or unique ‘Welcome to Country’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Limilngan – Wulna people. Experience the local Aboriginal culture including bush tucker talks, playing the didgeridoo, basket weaving and spear throwing*. We finish the day in the spectacular Mary River Wetlands, where the exotic birds are not the only wildlife to see. Keep a watch for lurking crocodiles on an afternoon river cruise! Climb into your sleeping bag for a well earned rest at our secluded Mary River camping spot. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr and clamber to the top of a rocky lookout for fabulous views over the Nardab floodplain. Next it's on to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp within Kakadu National Park. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today on our way to Jim Jim Falls! Once we get there, we'll hike to the base of the falls before continuing on to Twin Falls. Feel the beauty of the stunning gorge and powerful falls from the National Park operated boat and boardwalk experience. Stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre this afternoon to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we journey back to Darwin in the afternoon. (BL)
Day 4 – Darwin
Enjoy a free day to relax and enjoy Darwin. Overnight dorm included. (Meals at own expense)
Day 5 – Darwin - Katherine Gorge – Daly Waters
PICK UP DAY 5: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:30am
We depart from Darwin early, and we make our way to Nitmiluk National Park: the home of magnificent Katherine Gorge. Here you will have the chance to take an optional cruise through the first 2 gorges (own expense and seasonal). If you are not interested in the cruise, you also have the option of canoeing through the first gorge (own expense and seasonal), or taking a guided walk to Baruwei lookout; you can get a nice postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south, arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel: the territory's oldest pub (own expense). The journey down towards Alice Springs continues overnight.
Day 6 – Alice Springs
In the early hours of the morning, we make a stop at Tennant Creek so that you can stretch your legs and grab some refreshments before we continue on to Alice Springs. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn. We arrive at our final destination around 8am. You have the rest of the day free to explore the heart of the Red Centre.
Day 7 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP DAY 7: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here it's off to Uluru (Ayers Rock), and a bite to eat. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you, and you will discover some of the secrets of this ancient landform on the Valley of the Winds hike. You'll be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru, and as the night grows darker, curl up in your swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of stars. (LD)
Day 8 – Uluru to Kings Canyon
It's an early start this morning, but you'll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning's fresh (and your legs are too!) enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter)*. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Cultural Centre before we travel to our exclusive campsite within the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we sleep for the night. (BLD)
Day 9 – Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
Get your hiking shoes on today as we head out to explore the impressive formations of Kings Canyon. You'll be left breathless by the sheer beauty of the canyon as we trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Lunch is a welcome prospect, before we make our way back to Alice Springs. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
A Tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/ Dec-May and is available upon application.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location: Alice Springs accommodation early evening on day 9.
- Experienced guides
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 4 nights camping fees & equipment, 1 night overnight coach tour, and 3 nights dorm accommodation with share facilities (or upgrade to 3 nights budget ensuite private room)
- 2 Aboriginal cultural experiences*
Accommodation Upgrade: includes 4 nights camping, 1 night overnight coach, and 3 nights budget ensuite accommodation
Twin/Dbl: AUD$1615 / €1345 / ₤1085
Child Twin/Dbl (please note this option must be booked if children under 18 are travelling): AUD$1375 / €1145 / ₤920
Single: AUD$1780 / €1485 / ₤1195
- Camel ride
- Helicopter flight at Kings Canyon
- Canoe at Katherine Gorge
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- swimming gear
- hat and sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- *The Aboriginal Wulna-Limilngan cultural experience is only available during the dry season (Apr-Oct) as site is subject to flooding (contact our customer service team for availability). Participants may be absent due to cultural commitments with minimal prior notification and Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to amend the itinerary in these circumstances with no obligation to refund.
- *Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable at Uluru an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk.
- A Tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/ Dec-May and is available upon application
- Please note that activities at Katherine Gorge are seasonal and may not be available during the wet season
- Package is made up of 3 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu)
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Safaris must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.