Cross through the Tropic of Capricorn with this tour as we take you South from Darwin to Alice Springs. Pass through the famous outback Daly Waters pub for a pint or two and stretch your legs on a Katherine Gorge hike before relaxing in the Mataranka thermal pools. Sleep in Aussie swags (bedrolls) under the stars before the tour concludes in Alice Springs in the evening of day three.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $475.00EUR €395.00GBP £320.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Darwin to Alice Springs|
|Price (adult)||AUD $475.00EUR €395.00GBP £320.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Katherine Gorge
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:30am
After leaving Darwin, we stop for a break at Adelaide River on the way to Katherine. We spend the whole afternoon at the majestic Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park, so sit back and enjoy the striking beauty. Want to see more? Take a cruise along the gorge or hire a canoe and paddle yourself down stream. These options are seasonal and at your own expense. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp near Katherine Gorge. (LD)
Day 2 – Katherine Gorge to Banka Banka
Just south of Katherine is Mataranka, where you can revive yourself in a sparkling thermal pool surrounded by lush tropical forest. Next stop is the famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel, Northern Territory's oldest pub. Nearby lies Australia's first international airport, but you won't get a flight back home from here these days! After lunch, we continue south to Banka Banka station where we camp overnight. (BLD)
Day 3 – Banka Banka to Alice Springs
This morning we check out the sacred site of Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) — balancing precariously on their rocky perch. From here we stop in at Barrow Creek Pub, home to the historic Barrow Creek Telegraph Station – catch a glimpse of what outback telecommunication used to be like! We cross over the Tropic of Capricorn, before arriving early evening into Alice Springs. (BL)
Seasonal itinerary changes
Please note that activities at Katherine Gorge are seasonal and may not be available in the wet season.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:00am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:30am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Alice Springs accommodation early evening day 3.
Tour departs: All Year: Thu (except 04 April 2013)
This tour is for 18-39 year olds only.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- two nights camping fees & equipment
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- towel & toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Tour is limited to active 18-39 year olds.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.