Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1425.00EUR €1185.00GBP £955.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Darwin to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1425.00EUR €1185.00GBP £955.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Litchfield National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am
Your 10 day adventure begins by checking out the waterfalls of Litchfield National Park, with the option of a refreshing swim. Enjoy lunch before heading to the spectacular Mary River wetlands, which has the highest number of saltwater crocodiles in the Southern Hemisphere. Keep your eyes peeled and your camera ready on an afternoon river cruise! We overnight at our bush campsite in the Mary River region. (LD)
Day 2 – Mary River to Kakadu
Today we head to the World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Discover ancient Aboriginal rock art at Ubirr before we climb to the top of a rocky lookout for some fabulous views of the Nardab floodplain. Next we head to Maguk (Barramundi Gorge) where a hike is rewarded with a reviving swim in the plunge pools. You'll be asleep in no time once we reach our overnight bush camp in Kakadu. (BLD)
Day 3 – Kakadu to Darwin
Get ready for some 4WD action today because we're off to Jim Jim Falls! Hike to the base of this 200m high natural wonder and grab some photos before we continue on to Twin Falls. Experience the beauty of the stunning gorge and falls from a national park operated boat tour and boardwalk experience. In the afternoon we stop in at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to learn about local Indigenous culture. The impressive scenery will continue to amaze you as we make our journey back to Darwin. (BL)
Day 4 – Darwin to Katherine Gorge
PICK UP DAY 4: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:30am
After leaving Darwin we stop for a break at Adelaide River on our way to one of the Northern Territory's most striking features, Katherine Gorge. We spend the whole afternoon at the majestic gorge, nestled in the Nitmiluk National Park. Sit back and enjoy the striking beauty. Want even more adventure? Take a cruise along the gorge or hire a canoe and paddle yourself down stream. These options are seasonal and at your own expense. Tonight we stay at our permanent camp near Katherine Gorge. (LD)
Day 5 – Katherine Gorge to Banka Banka
Just south of Katherine is Mataranka, where you can chill out in a sparkling thermal pool surrounded by lush tropical forest. Next stop is the famous Daly Waters Outback Hotel. It's the Northern Territory's oldest pub and the perfect place to grab a cold beer. Nearby is Australia's first international airport, but you won't get a flight back home from here these days! After lunch, we continue south to Banka Banka station where we camp overnight. (BLD)
Day 6 – Banka Banka to Alice Springs
This morning we check out the sacred site of the Devils Marbles, a collection of giant boulders that balancing on their rocky perch. From here we stop in at Barrow Creek Pub, home to the historic Barrow Creek Telegraph Station where you can step back in time and catch a glimpse of what outback telecommunication used to be like. We cross over the Tropic of Capricorn, before arriving early evening into Alice Springs. (BL)
Day 7 – Alice Springs
Enjoy a free day of relaxation in Alice Springs, the heart of the Red Centre. Meals are at your own expense.
Day 8 – Alice Springs to Kings Canyon
PICK UP DAY 8: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick start your day with a camel ride at the Outback Camel Farm (own expense) before we make our way to Kings Canyon Resort for lunch. There is loads to see at Kings Canyon and we spend he afternoon checking out the Amphitheatre, the breathtaking North and South Walls, the Lost City and Garden of Eden. After an outdoor dinner, relax around the fire with your fellow travellers or enjoy some star gazing from the comfort of your swag (Aussie bedroll). (LD)
Day 9 – Kings Canyon to Uluru
We'll be up early today, as we make our way to Uluru. After lunch at our campground, you get your first glimpse of Uluru with a walk around the base of this famous Aussie landmark. You will then get an insight to the local Aboriginal culture from your guide before watching the desert sun set over Uluru. It's time to fire up the BBQ for dinner. Overnight in swag (Aussie bedroll). (BLD)
Day 10 – Uluru
Today is another early start, but it is worth it as you will have the chance to witness a magical Uluru sunrise. After sunrise we visit the cultural centre to further your insight into the Anangu way of life. Next we head to Kata Tjuta to explore the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during the Valley of the Winds hike. Passengers flying out from Ayers Rock depart here at Yulara. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin)
Arrival location: Yulara (Ayers Rock Airport, or Desert Gardens Hotel) from 11.00am. Please note flights must depart Ayers Rock Airport after 12:30pm on day 10.
- Experienced tour guides
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- camping fees and equipment for 6 nights
- 3 nights dorm accommodation with share facilities.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Tour is for 18-39 year olds ONLY.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions substituted for any reason including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for the Kakadu section of this tour between Nov/Dec-May, and is available upon application
- Package is made up of 3 tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour your guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 10kg in Kakadu and 15kgs between Darwin and Alice Springs
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.