If a jam-packed week of adventure sounds like your cup of tea then this Darwin to Alice Springs tour will be just to your liking. Experience all the highlights that the Top End has to offer by exploring Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks - including Jim Jim Falls and Twin Falls. Head South for a nights' stay at Daly Waters pub before entering the Red Centre and dusting of your hiking shoes for more adventures around Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and, of course, the big rock itself Uluru. We'll provide an Uluru Cultural Experience and you'll pick up a few tips on Aboriginal rock art and local culture. Sleep under the stars in an Aussie swag (bed roll) before the tour ends in Alice Springs on day six.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $1130.00EUR €940.00GBP £760.00
|Route||Darwin to Uluru (Ayers Rock)|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1130.00EUR €940.00GBP £760.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Darwin to Kakadu
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
Head to the Mary River wetlands system for a private river cruise this morning, keep your cameras close and your eyes peeled for crocodiles. After lunch, discover more about the land and its story at the Bowali Visitor Centre. The whole of Kakadu is spread out before you at Ubirr Rock, where we spend the afternoon. Tonight we camp in Kakadu National Park. (LD)
Day 2 – Kakadu to Darwin
Jim Jim Falls is our first stop today, and it’s a stunner! You’ll feel a bit dwarfed by the towering cliffs as we hike to the base of the falls. The spectacular gorge of Twin Falls is experienced onboard a National Park operated boat and along the boardwalk. Relax for a while on the sandy banks before we trek back to Darwin (overnight dorm accommodation included). (BL)
Day 3 – Darwin - Katherine Gorge – Daly Waters
PICK UP: Adventure Tours Australia Shop, 52 Mitchell St Darwin, 06:50am.
We depart from Darwin early and make our way to Nitmiluk National Park. Our first stop is the beautiful Edith Falls for a swim before heading to Katherine Gorge where your guide will take you on a short return walk to Baruwei Lookout. You can get a postcard shot of the gorge and learn about this stunning area and its significance to the local Jawoyn Aboriginal people. Once we finish exploring the gorge we continue our journey south to Daly Waters arriving in time for dinner and a beer at the historic Daly Waters Hotel - the territory’s oldest pub (own expense). Overnight dorm at Daly Waters pub.
Day 4 – Alice Springs
We continue our journey south passing through Tennant Creek and onto Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles) where we have some time to explore the well-known marble shaped boulders, a site sacred to its traditional owners. There is also one last photo stop as we cross the tropic of Capricorn before finishing in the heart of the Red Centre, Alice Springs. Overnight dorm accommodation included in Alice Springs.
Day 5 – Alice Springs to Kata Tjuta and Uluru
PICK UP DAY 5: Haven Backpacker Resort, 06:10am
Kick off your adventure on top of a camel! Our first stop is the Outback Camel Farm where you can choose to ride atop one of these desert giants (at own expense). From here it’s off to Uluru (Ayers Rock) for lunch. Kata Tjuta will fascinate you, as you get up close to the majestic features of this ancient geological formation during the Valley of the Winds hike. You’ll be mesmerised as the desert sun sets over Uluru, and as the night grows darker, curl up in your swag (Aussie bedroll - optional) under millions of stars. (LD)
Day 6 – Uluru
It’s an early start this morning, but you’ll be rewarded with a glorious Uluru sunrise. While the morning’s fresh (and your legs are too!) enjoy an unguided walk around the base of Uluru. You will then deepen your understanding of the land and the Mala people as you take a cultural interpretive walk with an Aboriginal guide (and interpreter). Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts at the Uluru Cultural Centre before your tour finishes at Ayers Rock Resort. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Darwin accommodation from 06:20am. Default pick up: Adventure Tours Australia shop at 06:50am (Shop 2/52 Mitchell St, Darwin).
Arrival location : Ayers Rock Resort or Airport at 12:00pm on day 6 (flights must be booked to depart Ayers Rock Airport after 1pm).
All Year: Thu (except 04 April 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guides
- National Park entry fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 2 nights camping including camping fees and equipment, and 3 nights dorm accommodation
- Aboriginal cultural interpretive walk at Uluru **
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- swimming gear
- hat & sunscreen
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for meals not included
- sleeping bag (can be purchased $30).
- * Outgoing flights must be booked to depart Ayers Rock Airport on/after 1pm on Day 6.
- **Where Aboriginal guide is unavailable an Adventure Tours guide will lead the interpretive cultural walk
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Please note this trip has some long driving times between Darwin and Alice Springs. We recommend to bring a pillow, reading book, Ipod/MP3 player etc for personal entertainment on the long drives.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- A tropical summer itinerary applies for Kakadu section Nov/ Dec-May and is available upon application
- Package is made up of 3 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies (10kg in Kakadu).
- Safaris must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.