Max Passengers: 36
AUD $2595.00EUR €2215.00GBP £1710.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Cairns to Sydney|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2595.00EUR €2215.00GBP £1710.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Cairns
PICK UP LOCATION: Hides Hotel (87 Lake St), 06:30am
Travel one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives to the Daintree region and meet the traditional custodians of the region, the Kubirri brothers of the Kuku Yalanji tribe. They’ll show us traditional spear fishing and teach about their culture.
Day 2 – Cairns
Where the rainforest meets the reef, that’s where you’ll find Cairns. Take advantage of these two spectacular natural landscapes with a day free for optional activities! Why not spend the day diving or snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef, a highlight of any visit to tropical North Queensland. (B)
Day 3 – Cairns to The Whitsundays
We have arrived in Paradise. Sail across azure waters, discovering remote beaches and colourful coral reefs. Soak up the sun, swim in the tropical ocean or take a turn at the helm. (BD)
Day 4 – The Whitsundays (South Molle Island)
Today get ready to chase the sun over the shimmering ocean. Weather permitting; we'll visit Whitehaven Beach (the whitest sand you've ever seen) and Blue Pearl Bay. Then we plot a course for nearby South Molle Island, our home for the next two nights – take a turn on the helm if you're up for it! (BLD)
Day 5 – The Whitsundays (South Molle Island)
Back on dry land, explore the idyllic surrounds of South Molle: feed the Rainbow Lorikeets, go snorkelling or swimming. There are plenty of bushwalking tracks available, with scenic views of the Whitsundays and 17 (count 'em) private beaches. A walk up “Spion Kop” is a must. (B, D)
Day 6 – The Whitsundays to Emu Park
After a morning of sailing we’re back to dry land at Emu Park. (BD)
Day 7 – Emu Park to Kroombit Park, via Rockhampton
Later get ready for the world-famous “Goat Rodeo”, before we settle in ‘round the campfire for a tale or three. Don’t forget to try your skills on the Mechanical Bull, either!. (BLD)
Day 8 – Kroombit Park to Noosa
Leaving the farm behind, we journey back to the coast to Noosa, a popular resort town on the Sunshine Coast! Enjoy the endless beaches of the area, or just mosey around town. Tonight we’ll share a drink or two with the friendly locals. (B)
Day 9 – Fraser Island
Today we visit the world’s largest sand island, and a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, Fraser Island! We’ll take a 4-wheel drive tour and guided rainforest walk followed by an Aussie Barbecue on the banks of stunning Lake McKenzie. (BL)
Day 10 – Noosa to Gold Coast
Travelling along the Bruce Highway, we drive past the Glasshouse Mountain range en route to Noosa, a popular resort town on the Sunshine Coast. There’s an option to hop off at Australia Zoo on the way. Arrive in Brisbane, capital of Queensland, for a cruise along its famous river. (BD)
Day 11 – Gold Coast to Byron Bay
Today we make the short trip over the border to Bryon Bay, the easternmost point on the mainland. World renowned for its superb beaches and eclectic lifestyle, it’s a resort town so good some visitors have never left! (BL)
Day 12 – Byron Bay
A full day in Byron leaves you with a veritable cavalcade of options: try out sea kayaking, diving, or skydiving perhaps? Maybe you’d prefer to experience the arts and crafts of the local area, or take a walk to Cape Byron. Then again, the beach could be calling your name. (B)
Day 13 – Byron Bay to Crescent Head
Take in the shimmering Pacific Ocean with a surfing lesson, or just kick back and enjoy the natural scenery. (BD)
Day 14 – Crescent Head to Sydney
We hit the beach early for a surf lesson before heading down the coast. We’ll make a quick stopover in Kempsey (home of the “Akubra” hat), before arriving in Sydney where we say our goodbyes. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Hides Hotel (87 Lake St) at 6:30am
Arrival location: Select Sydney accommodation early evening day 14
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- 13 nights dorm accommodation (or upgrade to: 10 nights ensuite, 2 nights private room with shared facilities and 1 night multi-share dorm accommodation with shared facilities while sailing)
- surf lessons
- national park entrance fees
- Whitsunday Sailing
- return ferry transfers to Fraser Island and 4WD tour
- outback cattle station experience including a horseback goat muster, trap shooting, and mini-rodeo
- Great Barrier Reef Cruise
10 nights budget ensuite, 2 nights private room with shared facilities, 1 night dorm share while sailing
Twin/Double: AUD $3020 / €2580 / ₤1990
Single: AUD $3765 / €3210 / ₤ 2485
Twin/Double: AUD $3080 / €2650 / ₤2035
Single: AUD $3825 / €3280 / ₤ 2530
All upgrade accommodation is on a request basis only.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat & sunscreen
- towel & toiletries
- swimming gear/beach towel
- water bottle
- money for some meals and optional activities.
- Tour is for 18-39 year olds ONLY
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes.
- Upgrade accommodation is subject to availability, must be requested at time of booking and is not available at the surf camp or whilst sailing the Whitsundays. Upgrade rooms do not feature ensuite facilities at Kroombit Cattle Station. Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may only be booked by passengers who book and travel together.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Topdeck.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Tour is not suitable for children; however special considerations may be made for clients aged 17 years with a travelling companion over the age of 18.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48 hours prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.