Max Passengers: 20
AUD $95.00EUR €80.00GBP £65.00
|Route||Adelaide to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $95.00EUR €80.00GBP £65.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 09:00am
We journey through the picturesque Adelaide Hills and make our first stop at the famous Whispering Wall, where you will be fascinated by its unique acoustic qualities. Our first winery is the beautiful and historic Château Yaldara, one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia. Enjoy some great wines or if it’s a tad too early, you can pop into Café Y for a spot of morning tea (own expense).
Sit back and enjoy the picturesque Barossa Valley scenery, before we stop for a photo opportunity on the banks of the famous ‘Jacobs Creek’. Shortly afterwards we arrive in the heart of the Barossa Valley, the historic township of Tanunda. There’s time to wander the main street shops and other points of interest, in search of a perfect souvenir.
Lunch is a highlight and provides you with an opportunity to sample the local produce. While we enjoy some of the Barossa’s most internationally acclaimed wines at the beautiful Peter Lehmann winery, a platter of the best meats, cheeses, olives, assorted vegetables and freshly baked bread the Barossa Valley has to offer is brought to your table. (There is a also a vegetarian option available).
The third winery is a well kept secret, but one that you are bound to enjoy. It’s at a winery which doesn’t generally commit to tour groups and it’s our pleasure to bring you here! We continue to make our way though the Barossa Valley and check out the beauty and history of the famous Seppeltsfield region.
We view the iconic Seppeltsfield Winery before finishing our day at the Murray Street Vineyards. Whilst this is one of the smaller wineries we visit, it is rich in Barossa heritage. The owner and chief winemaker, Andrew Seppelt, is a 6th generation Barossa winemaker and brings together all his family’s local knowledge with lessons learnt while working in the famous wine regions of France. Murray Street Vineyards is a wonderful blend of both old and new world.
After a day rich in history, superb local produce and world class wines, we return to Adelaide and leave you with a day to remember! (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Glenelg accommodation at 8:30am or select Adelaide accommodation from 9.00am. Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 09:00am.
Arrival location: Adelaide accommodation early evening.
Tour Departs: Daily (except 25 December 2013)
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced driver
- a visit to four wineries
- Barossa Valley gourmet regional lunch platter (vegetarian option available upon request)
- accommodation transfers.
What to bring
- Money for wine purchase and morning tea
- hat and sunscreen
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Taste the Barossa.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Hand luggage only.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48 hours prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.