What better way to spend a day then wine tasting in the famous Barossa region in South Australia! Departing from Adelaide this one day tour to the Barossa will take you to Château Yaldara, Murray Street Vineyards, Tanunda, Whispering Wall and Tanunda. The best part is that as we're driving, you don't have to worry about how you'll get home! Enjoy a Local Produce Lunch Platter and discover which wine if your favourite.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $119.00EUR €80.00GBP £69.00
|Route||Adelaide to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $119.00EUR €80.00GBP £69.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 09:00am
We journey through the picture-perfect Adelaide Hills and make our first stop at the famous Whispering Wall, where you will be fascinated by its unique acoustic qualities. Our first winery is the historic Château Yaldara, one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia. Enjoy some great wines or if it’s a tad too early, you can pop into Café Y for a spot of morning tea (own expense).
Sit back and enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley scenery before we stop for a photo opportunity on the banks of the famous ‘Jacobs Creek’. Shortly afterwards we arrive in the heart of the Barossa Valley, the historic township of Tanunda. There’s time to wander the main street shops and other points of interest, in search of a perfect souvenir. Lunch is a highlight and provides you with an opportunity to sample the local produce. While we enjoy some of the Barossa’s most internationally acclaimed wines at the Peter Lehmann winery, a platter of the best meats, cheeses, olives, assorted vegetables and freshly baked bread the Barossa Valley has to offer is brought to your table. (There is also a vegetarian option available).
The third winery is a well-kept secret, but one that you are bound to enjoy. It’s at a winery which doesn’t generally commit to tour groups and it’s our pleasure to bring you here! We continue to make our way to the Barossa Valley and check out the beauty and history of the famous Seppeltsfield region.
We view the iconic Seppeltsfield Winery before finishing our day at the Murray Street Vineyards. While this is one of the smaller wineries we visit, it is rich in Barossa heritage. The owner and chief winemaker, Andrew Seppelt, is a 6th generation Barossa winemaker and brings together all his family’s local knowledge with lessons learnt while working in the famous wine regions of France. Murray Street Vineyards is a wonderful blend of both old and new world.
After a day rich in history, superb local produce and world class wines, we return to Adelaide and leave you with a day to remember! (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Glenelg accommodation at 8:30am or select Adelaide accommodation from 9.00am. Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 09:00am.
Arrival location : Adelaide accommodation early evening.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced driver
- a visit to four wineries
- Barossa Valley gourmet regional lunch platter (vegetarian option available upon request)
- accommodation transfers.
What to bring
- Money for wine purchase and morning tea
- hat and sunscreen
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Taste the Barossa.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- Hand luggage only.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.