If you like Aussie wildlife you'll love this adventure tour. Kangaroo island is known for its amazing animals and after a visit to Hanson Bay Koala Sanctuary you'll understand why. Say g'day to sea lions and seals at Seal Bay and the Remarkable Rocks. We'll get you there and back again by boat.
Max Passengers: 50
AUD $258.00EUR €180.00GBP £155.00
|Route||Adelaide to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $258.00EUR €180.00GBP £155.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
Discover the highlights of South Australia’s popular nature-based tourism destination, Kangaroo Island.
After an early morning pick up from your Adelaide accommodation, enjoy a scenic coach journey to Cape Jervis to connect with SeaLink’s 45 minute ferry crossing to Kangaroo Island (or travel by air from Adelaide to Kingscote Airport, transfers included).
Upon arrival on Kangaroo Island, enjoy the picture-perfect drive to Seal Bay Conservation Park. Here we walk along the beach with a National Park Ranger and get up close to a colony of rare and wild Australian Sea Lions who frolic and laze on the beach.
Head to Vivonne Bay for a delicious two-course lunch, followed by a visit to the Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, where you’ll walk among eucalyptus trees looking for koalas lazing about in the trees. Spend the afternoon at Flinders Chase National Park, renowned as a sanctuary for native Australian animals including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas and echidnas.
The park tour will take you to the rugged southern coastline for a walk on Remarkable Rocks and Admiral’s Arch. Remarkable Rocks provides great photo opportunities and stunning sea views. Admiral’s Arch boardwalk takes you down a rugged cliff face to reveal this spectacular rock archway, a natural nursery and safe haven for playful New Zealand fur seals that can be seen resting, swimming and playing in the waves or on the rocks. On the return journey to Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport, keep your eyes peeled for more kangaroos and wallabies as we make the return journey to Adelaide. (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Adelaide accommodation from 06:00am. Default pick up: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street) - check in at 06:15am.
Arrival location : Adelaide select accommodation 10.45pm
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- two course lunch
- national park entrance fees
- transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island and return
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- warm/waterproof clothing (even in summer)
- water bottle
- motion sickness tables (for ferry).
- Tour is operated by our tour partner SeaLink.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Flight schedule available upon request. Airfare is non-refundable and includes taxes (which are subject to increase without notice). Flights will arrive at REX Domestic terminal and a transfer from the airport to Adelaide accommodation is included.
- There is a strict luggage limit of 15kg per person on the flight from Kangaroo Island. Please be warned that baggage in excess of this weight will not be carried.
- Kangaroo Island ferry does not operate on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day therefore tour will not operate on the 24th and 25th December 2013.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years.