What better way to spend a day then wine tasting in the famous Barossa region in South Australia! Departing from Adelaide this one day tour to the Barossa will take you to Château Yaldara, Murray Street Vineyards, Tanunda, Whispering Wall and Tanunda. The best part is that as we're driving, you don't have to worry about how you'll get home! Enjoy a Local Produce Lunch Platter and discover which wine if your favourite.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $99.00EUR €69.00GBP £59.00
|Route||Adelaide to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $99.00EUR €69.00GBP £59.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 09:00am
We journey through the picture-perfect Adelaide Hills and make our first stop at the famous Whispering Wall, where you will be fascinated by its unique acoustic qualities. Our first winery is the historic Château Yaldara, one of the most photographed buildings in South Australia. Enjoy some great wines or if it’s a tadtoo early, you can pop into Café Y for a spot of morning tea (own expense).
Sit back and enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley scenery before we stop for a photo opportunity on the banksof the famous ‘Jacobs Creek’. Shortly afterwards we arrive in the heart of the Barossa Valley, the historic township of Tanunda. There’s time to wander the main street shops and other points of interest, in search ofa perfect souvenir. Lunch is a highlight and provides you with an opportunity to sample the local produce.
While we enjoy some of the Barossa’s most internationally acclaimed wines at the Peter Lehmann winery, aplatter of the best meats, cheeses, olives, assorted vegetables and freshly baked bread the Barossa Valleyhas to offer is brought to your table. (There is also a vegetarian option available).
The third winery is a well-kept secret, but one that you are bound to enjoy. It’s at a winery which doesn’tgenerally commit to tour groups and it’s our pleasure to bring you here! We continue to make our way tothe Barossa Valley and check out the beauty and history of the famous Seppeltsfield region. We view the iconic Seppeltsfield Winery before finishing our day at the Murray Street Vineyards. While thisis one of the smaller wineries we visit, it is rich in Barossa heritage.
The owner and chief winemaker, AndrewSeppelt, is a 6th generation Barossa winemaker and brings together all his family’s local knowledge withlessons learnt while working in the famous wine regions of France. Murray Street Vineyards is a wonderfulblend of both old and new world.
After a day rich in history, superb local produce and world class wines, we return to Adelaide and leave youwith a day to remember! (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Glenelg accommodation at 8:30am or select Adelaide accommodation from 9.00am. Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 09:00am.
Arrival location : Adelaide accommodation early evening.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced driver
- a visit to four wineries
- Barossa Valley gourmet regional lunch platter (vegetarian option available upon request)
- accommodation transfers.
What to bring
- Money for wine purchase and morning tea
- hat and sunscreen
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Taste the Barossa.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes,Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/ Intrepid Travel if you have any special dietaryrequirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/ Intrepid Travel with yourpreferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on otheravailable pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our defaultpick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour)if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up pointat the appropriate time.
- Hand luggage only.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.