Take the ferry to Kangaroo Island and then fly home with this adventure tour and get up close with the wonderful wildlife who live on this island off the coast of South Australia. If animals aren't your thing you can always jump on a sand board and hit up the nearby dunes. You'll visit Admiral's Arch, Flinders Chase National Park, Hanson Bay Koala Sanctuary, Little Sahara and you'll be on the lookout for seals and sea lions.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $607.00EUR €420.00GBP £365.00
|Route||Adelaide to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $607.00EUR €420.00GBP £365.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
DEFAULT PICK UP: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the picture-perfect Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis to board the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is not uncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be viewed from the dolphin deck on the boat. Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit the stunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian Sea-lions.
We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding, before we arrive at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time to kayak on the Harriet River, take a self-guided walk along the property’s tracks, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick back on Vivonne Bay Beach. Enjoy a BBQ dinner this evening. (LD)
Day 2 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out for koalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive at iconic Remarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to clamber over and marvel at the spectacular coast and seascapes. Next stop is Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks. After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach of Stokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacular view back to the mainland.
If time and weather permits, several stops may be made en route to Penneshaw where you can purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Adelaide accommodation from 06:00am. Default pick up: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street) - check in at 06:15am.
Arrival location : Adelaide Airport between 7.30-8.00pm
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island, and return flight to Adelaide airport with Adelaide accommodation transfer
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 1 night private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
Double/Twin: AUD $624 per person
Single: AUD $696 per person
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm/waterproof clothing (even in summer)
- water bottle
- swimming gear
- insect repellent
- motion sickness tablets (for ferry)
- Tour is operated by our tour partner SeaLink.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Flight schedule available upon request. Airfare is non-refundable and includes taxes (which are subject to increase without notice). Flights will arrive at REX Domestic terminal, and a transfer from the airport back to Adelaide accommodation is included.
- There is a strict luggage limit of 15kg per person on the flight from Kangaroo Island. Please be warned that baggage in excess of this weight will not be carried.
- Kangaroo Island ferry does not operate on Christmas Day therefore tour will not operate 24 - 25 December 2013.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Maximum passenger numbers whilst touring is 20, however when we transfer by coach to/from ferry it’s a maximum of 50.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years, children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.