Jump on the great Aussie road trip and head from Adelaide down to the Culture Capital of Australia, Melbourne. Hike McKenzie Falls and pay a visit to the beautiful Grampians National Park. You'll also have a photo opportunity at the famous 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road so make sure you bring spare batteries!
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €245.00GBP £200.00
|Route||Adelaide to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €245.00GBP £200.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 - Adelaide to Grampians National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
We journey through the beautiful Adelaide Hills and cross the mighty Murray River before travelling across the Victorian border and onto Horsham where we break for lunch. Grampians National Park is a rugged ancient landscape and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. We make the most of our afternoon to explore the region and visit McKenzie Falls where we hike to view the stunning falls. We then enjoy a short nature walk to take in the full beauty of the Grampians and its truly spectacular landscapes. Enjoy dinner with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (LD)
Day 2 - Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
Up early this morning we make our way to Australian National Heritage listed and world renowned Great Ocean Road. After a quick morning tea stop in the friendly town of Port Campbell (own expense), we explore Port Campbell National Park including a visit to Loch Ard Gorge and the magnificent Twelve Apostles rock formation where we stop for lunch. We pass Apollo Bay before taking a break to stretch our legs in the seaside town of Lorne. A short stop at Kennett River allows you to do some koala spotting before taking on that last part of the Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed surf location, Bells Beach, before we make our final journey into cosmopolitan Melbourne. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 07:00am. Other pick points available are: Adelaide Travellers Inn (220 Hutt Street) at 06:30am, and Mantra Hotel (55 Hindmarsh Square) at 06:45am
Arrival location : Nomads Industry (A'Beckett St), or Base Backpackers (St Kilda) early evening day 2.
Apr: 09 23
May: 07 21
Jun: 04 18
Jul: 02 16 30
Aug: 13 27
Sep: 10 24
Oct – 18 Mar: Tue
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- 1 night hostel dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or upgrade to twin/double or single ensuite)
- National Park entry fees
Accommodation upgrades: 1 night budget ensuite
Twin/Double: AUD $355 / € 295 / ₤ 240
Single: AUD $415 / € 345 / ₤ 280
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for snacks
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm accommodation.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15Kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner