Jump on the great Aussie road trip and head from Adelaide down to the Culture Capital of Australia, Melbourne. Hike McKenzie Falls and pay a visit to the beautiful Grampians National Park. You'll also have a photo opportunity at the famous 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road so make sure you bring spare batteries!
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00GBP £170.00EUR €205.00
|Route||Adelaide to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £170.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 - Adelaide to Grampians National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
Our journey takes us through the Adelaide Hills across the mightyMurray Riverbefore travelling past the Victorian border and on through Horsham. We make our way into theGrampiansNational Park, a beautiful area and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. We gain a good insight into their local customs witha stop at the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We then make the most of our afternoon to explore the region with a hike to either McKenzie orSilverbandFalls. We then enjoya short nature walk to take in the full beauty of the Grampians. Enjoy dinner with your new friends before we overnight in Halls Gap. (D)
Day 2 - Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
After an early start this morning we make our way to the Australian National Heritage listed and world-renownedGreat Ocean Road. Enjoy the fantastic coastal views from the road. We explorePortCampbellNational Parkincluding a visit toLondonBridge, Loch Ard Gorge and the iconic Twelve Apostles rock formation. We pass through the beach towns ofApolloBayand Lorne beforea short stop atKennettRiverto do some koala spotting. From here we take on that last part of the Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed Aussie surf location before we make our final journey into cosmopolitanMelbourne. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 07:00am. Other pick points available are: Adelaide Travellers Inn (220 Hutt Street) at 06:30am, and Mantra Hotel (55 Hindmarsh Square) at 06:45am
Arrival location : Select Melbourne accommodation early evening day 2
Thu year round
Dec-Mar: Thu Sat
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- National Park entry fees
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 1 night private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at time of booking; may be on different premises to dorm):
Hostel option: 1 night private room with shared facilities (twin, double or single)
Motel option: 1 nights private ensuite (twin, double or single)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Autopia Tours.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.