Jump on the great Aussie road trip and head from Adelaide down to the Culture Capital of Australia, Melbourne. Hike McKenzie Falls and pay a visit to the beautiful Grampians National Park. You'll also have a photo opportunity at the famous 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road so make sure you bring spare batteries!
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Adelaide to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 - Adelaide to Grampians National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
Our journey takes us through the Adelaide Hills across the mighty Murray River before travelling past the Victorian border and on through Horsham. We make our way into the Grampians National Park, a beautiful area and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. We gain a good insight into their local customs with a stop at the Brambuck Cultural Centre.
We then make the most of our afternoon to explore the region with a hike to either McKenzie or Silverband Falls. We then enjoy a short nature walk to take in the full beauty of the Grampians. Enjoy dinner with your new friends before we overnight in Halls Gap. (D)
Day 2 - Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
After an early start this morning we make our way to the Australian National Heritage listed and world-renowned Great Ocean Road. Enjoy the fantastic coastal views from the road. We explore Port Campbell National Park including a visit to London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge and the iconic Twelve Apostles rock formation. We pass through the beach towns of Apollo Bay and Lorne before a short stop at Kennett River to do some koala spotting.
From here we take on that last part of the Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed Aussie surf location before we make our final journey into cosmopolitan Melbourne. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth Street), 07:00am. Other pick points available are: Adelaide Travellers Inn (220 Hutt Street) at 06:30am, and Mantra Hotel (55 Hindmarsh Square) at 06:45am
Arrival location : Select Melbourne accommodation early evening day 2
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- National Park entry fees
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 1 night private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
Double/Twin: AUD $355 per person
Single: AUD $416 per person
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for snacks
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Autopia Tours, and minimum numbers are required to operate.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm accommodation.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15Kg applies.
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.