Max Passengers: 24
AUD $775.00EUR €645.00GBP £520.00
|Route||Adelaide to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $775.00EUR €645.00GBP £520.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
DEFAULT PICK UP: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis to board the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. Whilst crossing, it is not uncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be viewed from the dolphin deck on the vessel.
Our first stop is Rob’s Shearing, before heading to Pennington Bay and continuing onto to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia. Next stop is stunning Seal Bay where you’ll experience a guided walk along the beach amongst a colony of rare and wild Australian Sea Lions.
We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding, before arriving at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time this afternoon to kayak on the Harriet River, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick back on Vivonne Bay Beach. After your BBQ dinner you can take part in a nocturnal wildlife guided walk before heading to Point Ellen to witness the arrival of the Little Penguins. (LD)
Day 2 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out for koalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive at iconic Remarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to clamber over and marvel at the spectacular coast and seascapes. Next stop is Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks. After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach of Stokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacular view back to the mainland.
Time and weather permitting, we may make several stops en route to Penneshaw where you can purchase dinner, (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide. (BL)
Day 3 – Adelaide
A free day to relax and explore Adelaide (accommodation included, meals and activities at own expense).
Day 4 – Adelaide to Grampians National Park
PICK UP Day 4: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
Travel through the beautiful Adelaide Hills and cross the mighty Murray River before making our way across the Victorian border and onto Horsham where we break for lunch. Grampians National Park is a rugged ancient landscape and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. Make the most of your afternoon to explore the region, hike to view the stunning McKenzie Falls and enjoy a short nature walk where you’ll fully appreciate the full beauty of the Grampians and its spectacular landscapes. Overnight in the Grampians. (LD)
Day 5 – Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
We set off early this morning and make our way to Australian National Heritage listed and world renowned Great Ocean Road. After a quick morning tea stop in the friendly town of Port Campbell (own expense) we explore Port Campbell National Park including a visit to Loch Ard Gorge and the magnificent Twelve Apostles rock formation. After lunch we pass Apollo Bay before taking a break to stretch our legs in the seaside town of Lorne. A short stop at Kennett River allows you to do some koala spotting before taking on the last section of Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed surf location, Bells Beach, before we make our final journey into cosmopolitan Melbourne. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Adelaide accommodation from 06:00am. Default pick up: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street) - check in at 06:15am.
Arrival location: Nomads Industry and Base Backpackers St Kilda early evening day 5
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- 4 nights dorm accommodation (or upgrade to 1 night private room with shared facilities and 3 nights twin, double or single ensuite accommodation)
- return coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island.
Accommodation upgrades: 3 nights budget private room ensuite, and 1 night private room with share facilities
Twin/Double: AUD $ 910 / € 760 / ₤ 610
Single: AUD $ 1170 / € 975 / ₤ 785
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for some snacks.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A section of this tour is operated by our tour partner SeaLink, and a section by Top Deck travel.
- Passenger’s numbers whilst touring is a max 24, transfer by coach to/from ferry max 50.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- Package is made up of 2 separate tours therefore you may travel with a different guide and passengers on each section.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 60.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years, children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.