Jump on the great Aussie road trip and head from Adelaide down to the culture capital of Australia, Melbourne. Visit Kangaroo island, famous for its incredible and cute wildlife like sea lions and seals. Hike McKenzie Falls and pay a visit to the beautiful Grampians National Park. You'll also have a photo opportunity at the famous 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road. Lose your breath at the beautiful scenery and windy road.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00
|Route||Adelaide to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
DEFAULT PICK UP: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the picture-perfect Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis to board the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is not uncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be seen from the dolphin deck on the boat. Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit the stunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian Sea-lions.
We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding, before we arrive at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time to kayak on the Harriet River, take a self-guided walk along the property’s tracks, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick back on Vivonne Bay Beach. Enjoy a BBQ dinner this evening. (LD)
Day 2 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out for koalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive at iconic Remarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to view the spectacular coast and seascapes. Next stop is Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks. After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach of Stokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the view back to the mainland.
If time and weather permits, several stops may be made en route to Penneshaw where you can purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide, where we stay the night at the Adelaide Central YHA. (BL)
Day 3 - Adelaide to Grampians National Park
PICK UP Location: Adelaide Central YHA (135 Waymouth St), 07:00am
Our journey takes us through the Adelaide Hills across the mighty Murray River before travelling past the Victorian border and on through Horsham. We make our way into the Grampians National Park, a beautiful area and a place of great significance for the local Indigenous people. We gain a good insight into their local customs with a stop at the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We then make the most of our afternoon to explore the region with a hike to either McKenzie or Silverband Falls. We then enjoy a short nature walk to take in the full beauty of the Grampians. Enjoy dinner (at own expense) before we overnight in Halls Gap. (L)
Day 4 - Grampians National Park via Great Ocean Road to Melbourne
After an early start this morning we make our way to the Australian National Heritage listed and world renowned Great Ocean Road. Enjoy the fantastic coastal views from the windy road. We explore Port Campbell National Park including a visit to London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge and the iconic Twelve Apostles rock formation. We pass through the beach towns of Apollo Bay and Lorne before a short stop at Kennett River to do some koala spotting. From here we take on that last part of the Great Ocean Road. Make the most of a great photo opportunity at the famed Aussie surf location before we make our final journey into cosmopolitan Melbourne. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Adelaide accommodation from 06:00am. Default pick up: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street) - check in at 06:45am.
Arrival location : Select Melbourne Accommodation early evening day 4.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- return coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 3 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 3 nights private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
Double/Twin: AUD $885 per person
Single: AUD $1085 per person
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for dinner
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections if you have any specialdietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections with yourpreferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on otheravailable pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our defaultpick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour)if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up pointat the appropriate time.
- Maximum passenger numbers whilst touring is 20, however when we transfer by coach to/from ferry it’s amaximum of 50.
- Tour is operated by our touring partners SeaLink and Autopia Tours.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years, children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.