Thanks for your interest in working for Adventure Tours Australia Group. To apply as a tour guide with us, please fill out this enquiry form. This will be sent directly to our Recruitment Manager, who will contact you with further details.
PEAK Adventure Travel are one of Australia's premier touring companies operating iconic brands - Adventure Tours Australia and Intrepid Connections. We offer a huge tour product range that provides the opportunity for you to guide in Central Australia and the Top End. On our tours we emphasise environmental and cultural interpretation, as well as providing a fantastic social fun time for our passengers.
We are inviting you to be considered to join our team of expert guides and share your love of Central and Northern Australia with a bunch of enthusiastic travellers, taking them to our regions most exciting and diverse places.
As a Tour Guide, your responsibilities will include accompanying your group on 3-5 day tours, providing informative commentary, cooking, loading vehicles, and basic cleaning.
What we look for in a great guide:
- The ability to mix and interact with people
- Health and fitness levels required to engage in a range of activities, including packing and unpack vehicles and hiking
- Reliable, punctual and able to work unsupervised
- An excellent sense of humour and high levels of patience
- Knowledge of the areas visited on tour
- Basic mechanical knowledge
To qualify for this role you must possess a Medium Rigid licence. It is advantageous if you already have an MR or HR Licence. However, the MR can be obtained during our training program.A Senior 1st Aid Certificate must be obtained prior to commencement of training.
A fully comprehensive and interactive training program will commence on 12th August 2013 from our Operations base in Alice Springs.
If you feel you have the drive, charisma, commitment and knowledge to make our passengers' holiday of a lifetime - then apply now!
CARE TAKER DUO - OPERATIONS ASSISTANT AND TOUR HOST
The PEAK Adventure Travel Group operate the NT's leading touring brands in the Adventure space - Adventure Tours Australia and Intrepid Connections! We are looking to fill two Yulara-based roles. The two successful candidates will be accommodated in our Yulara company share-house. The roles are full-time, and will work on a roster of 3 weeks on, one week off.
Operations Assistant and Maintenance Hand
This person will be responsible for maintaining the campground at Yulara and providing support to the Tour Guides moving through with their groups. This will involve performing regular repairs, preventative maintenance and some construction work on the campsites.
You will also provide administrative support to the Operation in Alice Springs for the tours in your local area. The ideal person for this role has:
- some trade or handy-person experience.
- knows their way around a computer,
- has good admin skills and
- excellent interpersonal skills.
- We will require you to hold a current LR licence with H endorsement, and a Senior First Aid certificate.
Tour Host and Yulara Operations Assistant
This person will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting meals to our Yulara-based tours. The Host will also perform basic house-keeping duties for tours, including making up beds and cleaning on-site tents and kitchens.
You will also share responsibility for checking-in tours to the site, some admin duties and taking emergency calls from Tour Guides. Ideally you will have:
some experience in food handling and the hospitality industry.
- excellent interpersonal skills and
- be able to maintain a high degree of attention to detail, particularly around food safety and general hygiene.
- It would be beneficial if you held a current LR licence with H endorsement, and a Senior First Aid certificate.
If you (and someone you know!) are interested in taking on this exciting and varied lifestyle, mixing with people the world over, and becoming the 'heart and soul' of our Red Centre experience - we would love to talk to both of you!
Drop us a line or email for a set of more detailed job descriptions.