Take a step back into Australia's history when you visit the former penal colony at Port Arthur. A former convict prison, you'll find out a bit more about these who were imprisoned here and see the conditions they were forced to live in. A perfect day of culture on Port Arthur's historic site and the Richmond colonial village.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $110.00EUR €95.00GBP £75.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $110.00EUR €95.00GBP £75.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 08:00am
Start the day with a quick look at Australia's best preserved colonial village of Richmond, before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula and to experience the highlights of Tasman National Park, including Tasman's Arch and the Devils Kitchen.
Explore Tasmania's ruthless convict history at the World Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site, where you will enjoy a guided walk and harbour cruise. Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone buildings and preserved ruins. After a day capturing the sites, sounds and history of Port Arthur, return to Hobart early evening.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 7:30am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 08:00am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation early evening same day.
Apr, Oct: Tue, Fri, Sat*, Sun
May-Sep: Tue, Fri, Sat*
Nov-Dec, Mar: Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat*, Sun
Jan-Feb: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat*, Sun
*Departures noted with an asterix are for 18-39 year olds only.
- Port Arthur Entry Fees
- Hostel & Hotel pick up and drop off
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat & sunscreen
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Hand luggage only.
- Tour is operated by our tour partners Topdeck/Under Down Under
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.