Take a step back into Australia's history when you visit the former penal colony at Port Arthur. A former convict prison, you'll find out a bit more about these who were imprisoned here and see the conditions they were forced to live in. A perfect day of culture on Port Arthur's historic site and the Richmond colonial village.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $110.00EUR €77.00GBP £66.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $110.00EUR €77.00GBP £66.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 08:00am
Port Arthur historic site
Start the day with a quick look at Australia’s best preserved colonial village of Richmond before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula. Experience the highlights of Tasman National Park, including Tasman’s Arch and the Devils Kitchen.
Explore Tasmania’s fascinating convict history at the World Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site, where you will enjoy a guided walk and harbour cruise. Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone buildings and preserved ruins. After a day capturing the sites, sounds and history of Port Arthur, return to Hobart early evening.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 7:30am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 08:00am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation early evening same day.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Port Arthur Entry Fees
- Hostel & Hotel pick up and drop off
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat & sunscreen
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Under Down Under.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Hand luggage only.