Take a step back into Australia's history when you visit the former penal colony at Port Arthur. A former convict prison, you'll find out a bit more about these who were imprisoned here and see the conditions they were forced to live in. A perfect day of culture on Port Arthur's historic site and the Richmond colonial village.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $110.00EUR €75.00GBP £65.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $110.00EUR €75.00GBP £65.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 08:00am
Start the day with a quick look at Australia’s best preserved colonial village of Richmond before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula. Experience the highlights of Tasman National Park, including Tasman’s Arch and the Devils Kitchen.
Explore Tasmania’s fascinating convict history at the World Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site, where you will enjoy a guided walk and harbour cruise. Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone buildings and preserved ruins. After a day capturing the sites, sounds and history ofPort Arthur, return to Hobart early evening.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 7:30am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 08:00am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation early evening same day.
Click on the green 'Book Now' button above to view all departures.
- Experienced guide
- Port Arthur Historic Site entry including guided walk and harbour cruise
- accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Hat & sunscreen
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- This tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- Hand luggage only.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.