Welcome to Tasmania. The tour departs from Hobart, the capital, and will take you to Strahan, Launceston and Devonport before ending back in Hobart. Take a visit to Cradle Mountain National Park and go for a walk and take in the crystal clean air as well taking a visit to the Hentry Sand Dunes. You'll sleep in dorm share accommodation over the two nights in Strahan. Take up the optional activities to kayak in the harbour or jump in a sea plane.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $475.00EUR €330.00GBP £285.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $475.00EUR €330.00GBP £285.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Hobart to Strahan
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
Our journey begins as we cross the island from east to west. Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, we admire the beauty of Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park. Next we visit Lake St Clair; Australia’s deepest freshwater lake. Enter the temperate time capsule that is the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. We end the day in Strahan beside Macquarie Harbour where we stay for two nights. Our West Coast host welcomes us with a BBQ dinner. (D)
Day 2 – Strahan and surrounding area
Discover the Wild West coast today with a visit to Ocean Beach and the Henty Sand Dunes. Search for elusive whale bones amongst the shifting sands or simply breathe in some of the freshest air in the world. There is also the option today of a cruise on the famous Gordon River, a scenic sea plane flight over the Gordon and Franklin River system complete with a river landing and walk, a journey up the King River on a jet boat or a paddle in the harbour. (Strahan optional activities all at own expense, some activities are seasonal and not available all year round). Overnight in Strahan. (B)
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain to Launceston
This morning we journey 950m above sea level to Cradle Valley, our gateway to the World Heritage Area of Cradle Mountain National Park. We share some local knowledge and interpretation of the landscape to help you choose a walk that will enhance your experience here. With an extensive range of tracks, you will be able to take it easy with a stroll around Dove Lake and one of the many boardwalk tracks or perhaps challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. When then take a short drive to Sheffield, ‘the town of murals’, before continuing on to Launceston, Australia’s third oldest city and our overnight stop for the night. (B)
Day 4 – Launceston to Hobart
This morning we join our transfer through the historic Tasmanian Midlands as we make our way south to Hobart and to the end of our journey. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 07.00am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation mid afternoon day 4.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Meals as indicated
- All National Park Entry Fees ($24)
- Hotel and Hostel pickups and drop offs
- Experienced guides
3 nights private HOSTEL room with share facilities:
Twin/Dbl: AUD $550 / €460 / ₤370
Single: AUD $670 / €560 / ₤450
3 nights private MOTEL room with ensuite:
Twin/Dbl: AUD $655 / €545 / ₤440
Single: AUD $895 / €745 / ₤600
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- All tours are accommodated and we offer HOSTEL (dorm or twin/dbl with shared facilities) or ensuite MOTEL/LODGE style (2-3 star ensuite). All twin/double rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. Motel/Lodge style may be located on different premises to hostel accommodation.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements.
- Tour is operated by our tour partner Under Down Under.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.• A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.