Starting and ending in Tasmania's capital, Hobart, this tour will give you a great taste of the island state. Pay a visit to the Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay. Take in a bit of culture as you learn about the county's convict history at Port Arthur Historic Site and, if you're lucky, catch penguins along the way as well. This tour has two night dorm share accommodation.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $440.00EUR €305.00GBP £265.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $440.00EUR €305.00GBP £265.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Hobart to Bicheno
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
This morning we journey to the East Coast and the beautiful Bay of Fires where we can stretch our legs and take some time to enjoy this stunning coastal region. The beaches are gleaming and the water inviting, so enjoy a swim (conditions permitting) before embarking on Tasmania’s most scenic coastal drive from St Helen’s to Bicheno. This evening you can join a guided viewing of the Little Penguins (optional in season) as they return to their rookeries on the edges of this seaside village. We stay overnight in Bicheno.
Day 2 – Freycinet National Park to Hobart
An early start means we are the first to the lookout, beating the crowds and the heat for that postcard photo of Wineglass Bay. Relax on the secluded beach or choose the more challenging Mt Amos or Hazzards Beach walk for your morning’s Freycinet experience. This afternoon we make a quick stop at Kate’s Berry Farm before coming face to face with the iconic Tasmanian Devil at our stop at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here we meet these now endangered native animals as well as some others unique to Tasmania. A short drive returns us to Hobart in time for dinner where we stay overnight. (BD)
Day 3 – Port Arthur historic site
Start the day with a quick look at Australia’s best preserved colonial village of Richmond before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula and Tasman National Park. Explore Tassie’s ruthless convict past at the World Heritage Listed Port Arthur Historic Site (guided walk and harbour cruise included). Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone prison buildings and preserved ruins. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 7:00am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Select Hobart accommodation early evening day 3
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Meals as indicated
- All National Park Entry Fees ($12)
- Wildlife Sanctuary Entry Fee including Tasmanian Devil feeding.
- Entry to Port Arthur Historic Site including guided Walk and harbour Cruise.
- Hotel and Hostel pickups and drop offs
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 2 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking):
- Hostel option: 2 nights private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
- Budget Motel (may be on different premises to dorm): 2 nights private ensuite (twin, double, or single)
Double/Twin: AUD $490 per person
Single: AUD $590 per person
Double/Twin: AUD $570 per person
Single: AUD $730 per person
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent and camera.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and proof of insurance must be shown to your guide on day one of your tour.
- It is recommended passengers depart Hobart the following day after the tour finishes. If flights are booked from Hobart Airport on day three, they must depart on/after 7.30pm.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.