Max Passengers: 24
AUD $560.00EUR €390.00GBP £335.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $560.00EUR €390.00GBP £335.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Port Arthur Historic Site
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
Start the day with a quick look at Australia’s best preserved colonial village of Richmond before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula and some features of the Tasman National Park. Explore Tasmania’s ruthless convict past today at the World Heritage Listed - Port Arthur Historic Site (guided walk and harbour cruise included). Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone prison buildings and preserved ruins. Late this afternoon, we journey up the east coast taking a break at Spikey Bridge and Swansea before we arrive into the seaside village of Bicheno.
Day 2 – Freycinet National Park
An early start means we are the first to the lookout, beating the crowds and the heat for that postcard photo of Wineglass Bay. Relax on the secluded beach of or choose the more challenging Mt Amos or Hazzards Beach walk for your Freycinet experience. Here we can stretch our legs with some quality time to enjoy this highly recommended coastal region. The beaches are gleaming and the water inviting. Perhaps a swim (conditions permitting). This afternoon we also visit a Marine Farm to check out the oysters. This evening you can join a guided viewing of the Little Penguins (optional in season) as they return to their rookeries on the edges of this seaside village. (B)
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain
Leaving the coast this morning we head via Elephants Pass into the Fingal Valley and westward onto Sheffield, “the town of murals”. We then journey to 950m above sea level to the Cradle Valley, our gateway to the World Heritage Area of Cradle Mountain National Park. We share some local knowledge and interpretation of the landscape to help you choose a walk that will enhance your experience here. With an extensive range of tracks, you will be able to take it easy with a stroll around Dove Lake and one of the many boardwalk tracks or perhaps challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. Tonight, perhaps we may see a platypus before the sun goes down and then, after dark, some interesting local nocturnal wildlife may be seen close to our accommodation. (B)
Day 4 – Mole Creek to Hobart
A short drive through Paradise takes us to Mole Creek where we enjoy a morning walk to Alum Cliffs, rich in Aboriginal history and perched high above the Mersey River. It’s a great start to the day before we visit the Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary and come face to face with the iconic Tassie Devil as we meet these now endangered native animals as well as some others unique to Tasmania. We may not see the Tassie Tiger (Thylacine) however some stories and images are on display for us at the infamous Mole Creek Tiger Bar. The highlights continue this afternoon as we and our taste buds, check out the Chudleigh Honey Farm, 41 Degrees South Salmon & Ginseng Farm and journey past the Great Western Tiers to the historic village of Ross, known for its famous bakery. Before we know it, we are back in Hobart. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 7:00am Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am
Arrival location : Select Hobart accommodation early evening day 4
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
Meals as indicated, all national park entry fees ($24.00), 3 nights hostel dorm accommodation with share facilities, wildlife sanctuary entry Fee including Tasmanian Devil feeding, entry to Port Arthur Historic Site including guided walk and harbour cruise, hotel and hostel pickups and drop offs
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day 1.
- All tours are accommodated and we offer HOSTEL (dorm or twin/dbl with shared facilities) or ensuite MOTEL/LODGE style (2-3 star ensuite). All twin/double rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. Motel/Lodge style may be located on different premises to hostel accommodation.
- It is recommended passengers depart Hobart the following day. If flights are booked from Hobart Airport on day 4, they must depart on/after 7.30pm.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted due to seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.