Welcome to Tasmania. The tour departs from Hobart, the capital, and will take you to Strahan, Launceston and Devonport before ending back in Hobart. Take a visit to Cradle Mountain National Park and go for a walk and take in the crystal clean air as well taking a visit to the Hentry Sand Dunes. You'll sleep in dorm share accommodation over the two nights in Strahan. Take up the optional activities to kayak in the harbour or jump in a sea plane.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $475.00EUR €325.00GBP £275.00
|Route||Hobart to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $475.00EUR €325.00GBP £275.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Hobart to Strahan
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
Our journey begins as we cross the island from east to west. Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, we admire the beauty of Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park. Next we visit Lake St Clair; Australia’s deepest freshwater lake. Enter the temperate time capsule that is the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. We end the day in Strahan beside Macquarie Harbour where we stay for two nights. Our West Coast host welcomes us with a BBQ dinner. (D)
Day 2 – Strahan and surrounding area
Discover the Wild West coast today with a visit to Ocean Beach and the Henty Sand Dunes. Search for elusive whale bones amongst the shifting sands or simply breathe in some of the freshest air in the world. There is also the option today of a cruise on the famous Gordon River, a scenic sea plane flight over the Gordon and Franklin River system complete with a river landing and walk, a journey up the King River on a jet boat or a paddle in the harbour. (Strahan optional activities all at own expense, some activities are seasonal and not available all year round). Overnight in Strahan. (B)
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain to Launceston
This morning we journey 950m above sea level to Cradle Valley, our gateway to the World Heritage Area of Cradle Mountain National Park. We share some local knowledge and interpretation of the landscape to help you choose a walk that will enhance your experience here. With an extensive range of tracks, you will be able to take it easy witha stroll around Dove Lake and one of the many boardwalk tracks or perhaps challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. When then takea short drive to Sheffield, ‘the town of murals’, before continuing on to Launceston, Australia’s third oldest city and our overnight stop for the night. (B)
Day 4 – Launceston to Hobart
This morning we join our transfer through the historic Tasmanian Midlands as we make our way south toHobartand to the end of our journey. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 07.00am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation mid afternoon day 4.
Click on the green 'Book Now' button above to view all departures.
- Meals as indicated
- All National Park Entry Fees
- Hotel and Hostel pickups and drop offs
- Experienced guides
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 3 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking):
Hostel option: 3 nights private room (twin, dbl, or single) with shared facilities
Budget Motel (may be on different premises to dorm): 3nights private ensuite (twin, dbl, or single)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- This tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.