Max Passengers: 24
AUD $420.00EUR €365.00GBP £275.00
|Route||Hobart to Devonport, Launceston|
|Price (adult)||AUD $420.00EUR €365.00GBP £275.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Hobart to Strahan
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
Our journey begins as we traverse the island from east to west. Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, we walk in the land of the giants and admire the beauty of Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park. Visit Lake St Clair, Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, before entering the temperate time capsule that is the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. End the day in Strahan beside Macquarie Harbour, where we stay overnight. Our West Coast host welcomes us with a BBQ dinner. (D)
Day 2 – Strahan and surrounding area
Discover the wild west coast today with a visit to Ocean Beach and the Henty Sand Dunes. Search for elusive whale bones amongst the shifting sands or simply breathe in some of the freshest air in the world. Stroll by the foreshore of the harbour, or walk amongst the rainforest to a waterfall. There is also the option today of a cruise on the famous Gordon River, a scenic sea plane flight over the Gordon and Franklin River system complete with a river landing and walk, a journey up the King River on a jet boat, a peaceful paddle or kayak in the harbour. (Strahan optional activities all at own expense, some activities are seasonal and not available all year round). Overnight in Strahan. (B)
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain to Launceston or Devonport
This morning we journey 950m above sea level to Cradle Valley, our gateway to the World Heritage Area of Cradle Mountain National Park. We share some local knowledge and interpretation of the landscape to help you choose a walk that will enhance your experience here. With an extensive range of tracks, you will be able to take it easy with a stroll around Dove Lake and one of the many boardwalk tracks, or perhaps challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. We then take a short drive to Sheffield, ‘the town of murals’, before continuing on through Devonport to Launceston, Australia’s third oldest city. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Select Hobart accommodation from 07.00am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am.
Arrival location: Devonport ferry terminal early evening day 3, or Launceston accommodation early evening.
Apr, Oct: Mon* Tue Thu Sun
May - Sep: Mon* Thu Sun
Nov - Dec, Mar: Mon* Tue Thu Fri Sun
Jan - Feb: Mon* Tue Wed Thu Fri Sun
*Departures noted with an asterix are for 18-39 year olds.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Meals as indicated
- All National Park Entry Fees ($24)
- Hotel and Hostel pickups and drop offs
2 nights private HOSTEL room with share facilities:
Twin/Dbl: AUD $470 / €410 / ₤310
Single: AUD $550 / €480 / ₤360
2 nights private MOTEL room with ensuite:
Twin/Dbl: AUD $540 / €470 / ₤355
Single: AUD $700 / €605 / ₤460
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Motion sickness tablets.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day 1.
- All tours are accommodated and we offer HOSTEL (dorm or twin/dbl with shared facilities) or ensuite MOTEL/LODGE style (2-3 star ensuite). All twin/double rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. Motel/Lodge style may be located on different premises to hostel accommodation.
- Monday departures are strictly for 18-39 year olds ONLY.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- Tour is operated by our touring partners Topdeck and Under Down Under.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.