Welcome to Tasmania. The tour departs from Hobart, the capital, and will take you to Strahan, Launceston and Devonport. Take a visit to Cradle Mountain National Park, go for a walk and take in the crystal clean air. You'll sleep in dorm share accommodation over the two nights in Strahan. Take up the optional activities to kayak in the harbour or jump in a sea plane. The tour will conclude in Launceston on day three.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $420.00EUR €290.00GBP £250.00
|Route||Hobart to Devonport, Launceston|
|Price (adult)||AUD $420.00EUR €290.00GBP £250.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Hobart to Strahan
DEFAULT PICK UP: Montgomery’s YHA, 07:00am
Our journey begins as we cross the island from east to west. Escaping Hobart through the Derwent Valley, we walk in the land of the giants and admire the beauty of Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park. Visit Lake St Clair, Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, before entering the temperate time capsule that is the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. End the day in Strahan beside Macquarie Harbour, where we stay overnight. Our West Coast host welcomes us with a BBQ dinner. (D)
Day 2 – Strahan and surrounding area
Discover the Wild West coast today with a visit to Ocean Beach and the Henty Sand Dunes. Search for elusive whale bones amongst the shifting sands or simply breathe in some of the freshest air in the world. There is the option today of a cruise on the famous Gordon River, a scenic sea plane flight over the Gordon and Franklin River system complete with a river landing and walk, a journey up the King River on a jet boat or a peaceful paddle or kayak in the harbour. (Strahan optional activities all at own expense, some activities are seasonal and not available all year round). We stay overnight in Strahan. (B)
Day 3 – Cradle Mountain to Launceston
This morning we journey 950m above sea level to Cradle Valley, our gateway to the World Heritage Area of Cradle Mountain National Park. We share some local knowledge and interpretation of the landscape to help you choose a walk. With an extensive range of tracks, you will be able to take it easy with a stroll around Dove Lake and one of the many boardwalk tracks, or perhaps challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout.
We then take a short drive to Sheffield, ‘the town of murals’, before continuing on through Devonport to Launceston, Australia’s third oldest city. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Hobart accommodation from 07.00am. Default pick up: Montgomery’s YHA at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Devonport ferry terminal early evening day 3, or Launceston accommodation early evening.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Meals as indicated
- All National Park Entry Fees
- Select accommodation transfers
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 2 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking):
- Hostel option: 2 nights private room (twin, double, or single) with shared facilities
- Budget Motel (may be on different premises to dorm): 2 nights private ensuite (twin, double, or single)
Double/Twin: AUD $470 per person
Single: AUD $570 per person
Double/Twin: AUD $550 per person
Single: AUD $710 per person
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Motion sickness tablets.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.