Visit the natural beauty of arguable Tasmania's number one tourist attraction. Stretch your legs in Cradle valley and Dove Lake along the way. The one day tour departs and ends in Launceston and you'll be travelling by minibus. Also visit Sheffield and Waldheim Chalet while on your adventure. Enjoy the fresh air of this beautiful part of the world.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $135.00EUR €95.00GBP £80.00
|Route||Launceston to Launceston|
|Price (adult)||AUD $135.00EUR €95.00GBP £80.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: Launceston Backpackers, 08:00am
Start your journey with a stop in Sheffield, the town of murals, before reaching Cradle Mountain National Park; a World Heritage listed site. Your guide’s amazing local knowledge will enhance your experience, which includes a visit to Cradle Valley.
After lunch (own expense) we stop at the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre, giving you the opportunity to purchase souvenirs and learn more about the area’s rich history.
In the afternoon, enjoy a hike around picturesque Dove Lake before heading to your last stop, the historical Waldheim Chalet. After a full day of experiencing nature’s riches, return to Launceston in the early evening.
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Launceston accommodation from 8:00am. Default pick up: Launceston Backpackers at 08:00am.
Arrival location : Launceston accommodation early evening same day.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- National park entry fees ($12)
- Select Launceston hotel and hostel pickups and drop offs.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat & sunscreen
- swimming gear
- warm clothing (even in summer)
- waterproof jacket & pants
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- Hand luggage only.