Starting off in relaxing Launceston, this tour will take you all the way down to Hobart via the East Coast of the island state. Known for it's comfortable temperatures, leave the mainland's desert behind and breath in the fresh air of the Bay of Fires and beautiful Wineglass Bay. Take a visit back in time to the historic towns of Ross and Port Arthur. You'll be sleeping in dorm share accommodation during the tour.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $440.00EUR €305.00GBP £265.00
|Route||Launceston to Hobart|
|Price (adult)||AUD $440.00EUR €305.00GBP £265.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Launceston to Bicheno
DEFAULT PICK UP: Launceston Backpackers, 07:30am
This morning we journey to the East Coast to the beautiful Bay of Fires. Here we stretch our legs and take some time to enjoy this stunning coastal region. The beaches are gleaming and the water inviting, so enjoy a swim (conditions permitting) before embarking on Tasmania’s most scenic coastal drive from St Helen’s to Bicheno. This evening you can join a guided viewing of the Little Penguins (optional in season) as they return to their rookeries on the edges of this seaside village. Overnight in Bicheno.
Day 2 – Freycinet National Park to Hobart
We start early and head to the lookout and beat the crowds and the heat for that postcard photo of Wineglass Bay. Relax on the secluded beach or choose the more challenging Mt Amos or Hazzards Beach walk for your morning Freycinet experience. This afternoon we make a quick stop at Kate’s Berry Farm before we come face to face with the iconic Tasmanian Devil during our stop at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, where we meet these now endangered native animals as well as some others unique to Tasmania. A short drive returns us to Hobart in time for dinner. Overnight in Hobart. (BD)
Day 3 – Port Arthur historic site
Start the day with a quick look at Australia’s best preserved colonial village of Richmond before heading south for magnificent views of the Tasman Peninsula and the Tasman National Park. Explore Tasmania’s ruthless convict past today at the World Heritage Listed Port Arthur Historic Site (guided walk and harbour cruise included). Rich in visual history, here we learn of the chilling realities of life as a convict amid the restored sandstone prison buildings and preserved ruins. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Launceston accommodation from 07.30am. Default pick up: Launceston Backpackers at 07:30am.
Arrival location : Hobart accommodation early evening day 3.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Meals as indicated
- National Park Entry Fees
- Wildlife Sanctuary Entry Fee including Tasmanian Devil feeding.
- Entry to Port Arthur Historic Site including guided Walk and harbour cruise.
- Select accommodation transfers
- Experienced tour guide
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- Hat & sunscreen
- Towel & toiletries
- Swimming gear
- Warm clothing (even in summer)
- Waterproof jacket & pants
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and proof of insurance must be shown to your guide on day one of your tour.
- All tours are accommodated and we offer HOSTEL (dorm, twin/dbl or single with shared facilities) or ensuite MOTEL/LODGE style (2-3 star ensuite). All twin/double rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. Motel/Lodge style may be located on different premises to hostel accommodation.
- It is recommended passengers depart Hobart the following day after the tour finishes. If flights are booked from Hobart Airport on day three, they must depart on/after 7.30pm.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Under Down Under.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.