The perfect day trip from Melbourne. Leave the city and road trip down the coast along the famous Great Ocean Road. We go through Torquay, home to some of the top surfing fashion labels as well as Bells Beach, home of the Rip Curl Pro surfing competition. We head down to Apollo Bay for lunch - a beautiful surf town between the oceans and the countryside. Have your picture taken in front of the 12 Apostles, the landmark of the toad trip. The tour will take you home to Melbourne after a day of fun, adventure and windy roads.
Max Passengers: 22
AUD $125.00EUR €85.00GBP £70.00
|Route||Melbourne to Melbourne|
|Price (adult)||AUD $125.00EUR €85.00GBP £70.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
DEFAULT PICK UP: in front of St Paul’s Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am
LeavingMelbournewe pass through the surf town of Torquay on our way to morning tea at Australia’s famous Bells Beach. Continuing on we get a close up view of the amazing Split Point light house which featured in the Aussie children’s television series ‘Around the Twist’. Weave and wind along the spectacularGreat Ocean Roadand find awesome coastal photo opportunities. We also stop to see cuddly koalas in the wild. We travel on toApolloBayfor a lunch break and time to swim in the magnificent Southern Ocean.
After lunch we stretch our legs while exploring an ancient rainforest and admire some of the world’s tallest trees in the Otway National Park. Travel through rolling hills toward Port Campbell National Parkand the iconic 12 Apostles. Learn about the tragic tales of the shipwreck coast and view remarkable rock formations at Loch Ard Gorge. Check out the fallen London Bridge and the quaint fishing village of Port Campbell. Reflect on an action packed day full of nature walks, wildlife, surf beaches, incredible rock formations and spectacular coastal views as we head back towards Melbourne. We stop in the township of Colac for dinner (at own expense). (L)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation. Default pick up: St Paul’s Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Melbourne accommodation 9.00pm
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced tour guide
- Morning tea
- National Park fees.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat & sunscreen
- water bottle
- warm clothing in winter
- money for dinner.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- This tour is operated by our touring partner Autopia Tours.
- Tour is not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- Hand luggage only.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.