Jump on board for this leg of the Great Aussie Road Trip and leave from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Grampians National Park and the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Take in the coastal air at the famous 12 Apostles and sleep under the stars in the Grampians National Park. Other highlights include Bells Beach and McKenzie Falls. The tour ends in the City of Churches, Adelaide.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £170.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £170.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: In front of St Pauls Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am
Departing Melbourne we pass through Geelong and the surfing town of Torquay, stopping for a quick photo opportunity at an iconic surf beach. We then begin our journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives, the Great Ocean Road. A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting. We visit Apollo Bay for our lunch stop before getting back on the Great Ocean Road where we stop to admire the iconic Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge. Late afternoon we make our way into the Grampians for our overnight stay in Halls Gap where we enjoy dinner (own expense) with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (L)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful landscape. We learn about the local Aboriginal culture with a visit to the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We embark on a few walks in the National Park and take in some of the breathtaking views before making our way to either McKenzie Falls or Silver band Falls where we hike to some stunning views. Leaving the Grampians behind, we pass through the town of Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of our journey into Adelaide. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation from 06:45am. Default pick up: In front of St Paul's Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation early evening on day 2
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- National Park entry fees
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 1 night dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at time of booking; may be on different premises to dorm):
Hostel option: 1 night private room with shared facilities (twin, double or single)
Motel option: 2 nights private ensuite (twin, double or single)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for snacks
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- This tour is operated by our touring partner Autopia Tours.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.