Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €245.00GBP £200.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €245.00GBP £200.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melbourne Central YHA (corner Flinders and Spencer Sts), 06:00am
Departing Melbourne we pass Geelong and travel through the surfing town of Torquay, stopping for a quick photo opportunity at the renowned surfing location of Bells Beach. We then begin our journey along one of Australia’s most scenic drives, the Great Ocean Road, enjoying the stunning scenery of this famous coastline. A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting and listen to the abundant birdlife before we break for morning tea (own expense) in Apollo Bay. Rejoining the Great Ocean Road we stop to admire the amazing Twelve Apostles, before enjoying a bite to eat. After lunch we explore Loch Ard Gorge before passing through the township of Port Campbell and making our way to the Grampians. Enjoy dinner with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (LD)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park, one of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations, is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful and rugged ancient landscape. We embark on a walk in the National Park and take in some of the breathtaking views before making our way to McKenzie Falls where we hike to view these stunning falls. Leaving the Grampians behind, we stop for lunch in Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of our journey into Adelaide. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Default pick up: Melbourne Central YHA (corner of Flinders and Spencer Sts) at 06:00am. Other available pick up locations are: Nomads Industry (196 A’Beckett St) at 06:10am; Opposite Victorian Arts Centre (St Kilda Rd, Southbank) at 06:20am; Base Backpackers (17 Carlisle St, St Kilda) at 06:40am.
Arrival location: Select Adelaide accommodation early evening on day 2
Apr 12 26
May 10 24
Jun 07 21
Jul 05 19
Aug 02 16 30
Sep 13 27
Oct – 14 Mar Fri
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- 1 night hostel dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or upgrade to twin/double or single ensuite)
- National Park entry fees
Accommodation upgrades: 1 night budget ensuite
Twin/Double: AUD $355 / € 295 / ₤ 240
Single: AUD $415 / € 345 / ₤ 280
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for snacks
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm accommodation.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15Kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner