Jump on board for this leg of the Great Aussie Road Trip and leave from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Grampians National Park and the spectacular Great Ocean Road. Take in the coastal air at the famous 12 Apostles and sleep under the stars in the Grampians National Park. Other highlights include Bells Beach and McKenzie Falls. The tour ends in the City of Churches, Adelaide.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $295.00EUR €205.00GBP £175.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: In front of St Pauls Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am.
Departing Melbourne we pass through Geelong and the surfing town of Torquay, stopping for a quick photoopportunity at an iconic surf beach. We then begin our journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful andfamous drives, the Great Ocean Road. A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting. We visit Apollo Bay for our lunch stop before getting back on the Great Ocean Road where we stop to admire the iconic Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
Late afternoon we make our way into the Grampians for our overnight stay in Halls Gap where we enjoydinner (own expense) with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (L)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful landscape. We learn about thelocal Aboriginal culture with a visit to the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We embark on a few walks in theNational Park and take in some of the breathtaking views before making our way to either McKenzie Falls orSilverband Falls where we hike to some stunning views. Leaving the Grampians behind, we pass through thetown of Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of our journey intoAdelaide. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation from 06:45am. Default pick up: In front of St Paul's Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am. Apr-Sep: Thu. Oct-Mar: Mon Thu.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation early evening on day 2
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- 1 night hostel dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or upgrade to 1 night private room with shared facilities)
- National Park entry fees
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear (summer only)
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for snacks
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel forfull details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Autopia Tours, and minimum numbers are required to operate.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dormaccommodation.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guidebefore departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia if you have any special dietary requirements ormedical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point.Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hearfrom you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. Wewill not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you oryour travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.