Jump on board for this leg of the Great Aussie Road Trip and leave from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Grampians National Park the spectacular Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island off the coast of South Australia. Take in the coastal air at the famous 12 Apostles and sleep under the stars in the Grampians National Park. Other highlights include Bells Beach and McKenzie Falls. The tour ends in the City of Churches, (r)Adelaide.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $780.00EUR €535.00GBP £450.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $780.00EUR €535.00GBP £450.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: in front of St Paul’s Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am
Departing Melbournewe pass through Geelong and the surfing town of Torquay, stopping for a quick photo opportunity at an iconic surf beach. We then begin our journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives, the Great Ocean Road. A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting. We visit Apollo Bay for our lunch stop before getting back on the Great Ocean Road where we stop to admire the iconic Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
Late afternoon we make our way into the Grampians for our overnight stay in Halls Gap where we enjoy dinner (own expense) with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (L)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful landscape. We learn about the local Aboriginal culture with a visit to the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We embark on a few walks in the National Park and take in some of the breathtaking views before making our way to either McKenzie Falls or Silverband Falls where we hike to some stunning views. Leaving the Grampians behind, we pass through the town of Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of our journey into Adelaide. Accommodation tonight is at the Adelaide Central YHA. (B)
Day 3 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
PICK UP Location: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis to board the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is not uncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be seen from the dolphin deck on the boat. Continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit the stunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rare Australian Sealions.
We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding before we arrive at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time to kayak on the Harriet River, take a self-guided walk along the property’s tracks, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick back on Vivonne Bay Beach. Enjoy a BBQ dinner this evening. (LD)
Day 4 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out for koalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive at Remarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to see the spectacular coast and seascapes. Next stop is Admirals Arch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks.
After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach of Stokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacular view back to the mainland. If time and weather permits, several stops may be made en route to Penneshaw where you can purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation from 06:45am. Default pick up: In front of St Pau'ls Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation approximately 10:45pm on day 4
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- return coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island
accommodation as below:
Standard Accommodation: 3 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities
Upgrade Accommodation (subject to availability at the time of booking): 3 nights private room with shared facilities (twin, double, or single)
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm/waterproof clothing (even in summer)
- water bottle
- swimming gear
- insect repellent
- motion sickness tablets (for ferry).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- This tour is operated in conjunction with our touring partners Autopia Tours and Sealink.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years. Children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.
- Maximum passenger numbers whilst touring on Kangaroo Island is 20, however when we transfer by coach to/from ferry there is a maximum of 50.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.