Jump on board for this leg of the Great Aussie Road Trip and leave from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Grampians National Park the spectacular Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island off the coast of South Australia. Take in the coastal air at the famous 12 Apostles and sleep under the stars in the Grampians National Park. Other highlights include Bells Beach and McKenzie Falls. The tour ends in the City of Churches, (r)Adelaide.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melbourne Central YHA (corner Flinders and Spencer St), 06:00am
Departing Melbourne we pass through Geelong and the surfing town of Torquay, stopping for a quick photo opportunity at an iconic surf beach. We then begin our journey along one of Australia’s most beautiful and famous drives, the Great Ocean Road. A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting. We visit Apollo Bay for our lunch stop before getting back on the Great Ocean Road where we stop to admire the iconic Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
Late afternoon we make our way into the Grampians for our overnight stay in Halls Gap where we enjoy dinner (own expense) with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (L)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park is an area rich in Aboriginal culture set in a beautiful landscape. We learn about the local Aboriginal culture with a visit to the Brambuck Cultural Centre. We embark on a few walks in the National Park and take in some of the breathtaking views before making our way to either McKenzie Falls or Silverband Falls where we hike to some stunning views. Leaving the Grampians behind, we pass through the town of Horsham before crossing the famed mighty Murray River and making the last leg of our journey into Adelaide. Accommodation tonight is at the Adelaide Central YHA. (B)
Day 3 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
PICK UP Location: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis toboard the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is notuncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be seen from the dolphin deck on the boat.
Continueto Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit thestunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rareAustralian Sealions.We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding before wearrive at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time to kayak on the Harriet River, take a self-guided walk along the property’s tracks, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick backon Vivonne Bay Beach. Enjoy a BBQ dinner this evening. (LD)
Day 4 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out forkoalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive atRemarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to see the spectacular coast and seascapes.
Next stop is AdmiralsArch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks.
After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach ofStokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacularview back to the mainland. If time and weather permits, several stops may be made en route to Penneshawwhere you can purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation from 06:45am. Default pick up: In front of St Pau'ls Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am. Apr- Sep: Thu. Oct - Mar: Mon Thu.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation approximately 10:45pm on day 4
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- 3 nights dorm accommodation
- return coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm/waterproof clothing (even in summer)
- water bottle
- swimming gear
- insect repellent
- motion sickness tablets (for ferry).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Kangaroo Island ferry does not operate on Christmas Day therefore tour will not operate 24 - 25 December2013.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections if you have any specialdietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections with yourpreferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on otheravailable pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our defaultpick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour)if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up pointat the appropriate time.
- Maximum passenger numbers whilst touring is 20, however when we transfer by coach to/from ferry it’s amaximum of 50.
- Tour is operated by our touring partners SeaLink and Autopia Tours.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years, children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.