Jump on board for this leg of the Great Aussie Road Trip and leave from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Grampians National Park the spectacular Great Ocean Road and Kangaroo Island off the coast of South Australia. Take in the coastal air at the famous 12 Apostles and sleep under the stars in the Grampians National Park. Other highlights include Bells Beach and McKenzie Falls. The tour ends in the City of Churches, (r)Adelaide.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $780.00EUR €540.00GBP £465.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne via Great Ocean Road to Halls Gap
DEFAULT PICK UP: Melbourne Central YHA (corner Flinders and Spencer St), 06:00am
Departing from Melbourne we pass by Geelong and travel down to the surfing town of Torquay, stopping fora quick photo opportunity at the renowned surfing location of Bells Beach. We then journey along one ofAustralia’s most scenic drives, the Great Ocean Road enjoying the stunning scenery of this famous coastline.A short stop at Kennett River lets you do some koala spotting and listen to the abundant birdlife before webreak for morning tea (own expense) in Apollo Bay.
Rejoining the Great Ocean Road we stop to view the iconic Twelve Apostles. After lunch we explore Loch ArdGorge before passing through the township of Port Campbell and making our way to the Grampians. Enjoydinner with your new friends before we overnight in the Grampians. (LD)
Day 2 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Grampians National Park, one of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations, is an area rich in Aboriginalculture set in a beautiful and rugged landscape. This morning we enjoy a walk in the National Park to visitsome of the fantastic views before making our way to McKenzie Falls to hike and see more picture-perfectfalls. Leaving the Grampians behind, we stop for lunch in Horsham before crossing the mighty Murray Riverand making the last leg of our journey into Adelaide. (BL)
Day 3 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
PICK UP Location: Sealink Terminal (inside Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin St), 06:15am
After an early morning pick up, travel through the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, arriving at Cape Jervis toboard the SeaLink ferry and make the 45 minute trip to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is notuncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be seen from the dolphin deck on the boat.
Continueto Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery, the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia and visit thestunning Seal Bay where you will have the opportunity to get up close to a wild breeding colony of rareAustralian Sealions.We then travel to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara and try our hand at sand boarding before wearrive at our exclusive accommodation at Vivonne Bay Lodge. Enjoy some free time to kayak on the Harriet River, take a self-guided walk along the property’s tracks, go trail bike riding, swimming or simply kick backon Vivonne Bay Beach.
There are plenty of complimentary activities to keep you occupied before and after your BBQ dinner. Asdarkness sets in you can take part in a nocturnal wildlife guided walk. Check out the Kangaroos, TamarWallabies and Possums before heading to Point Ellen to witness the arrival of the Little Penguins (in season).(LD)
Day 4 – Kangaroo Island to Adelaide
After breakfast we visit Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary and walk among eucalyptus trees, looking out forkoalas lazing about in the trees. We then continue onto Flinders Chase National Park and arrive atRemarkable Rocks ahead of the crowds to see the spectacular coast and seascapes.
Next stop is AdmiralsArch at Cape Du Couedic where we watch the resident fur seals frolic in the ocean or sun bake on the rocks.
After a delicious BBQ lunch at Flinders Chase Visitors Centre, we journey to the beautiful, secluded beach ofStokes Bay and take a walk at Ironstone Hill (time permitting) to find wallabies and admire the spectacularview back to the mainland. If time and weather permits, several stops may be made en route to Penneshawwhere you can purchase dinner (own expense) before we make our way back to Adelaide. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Melbourne accommodation from 06:45am. Default pick up: In front of St Pau'ls Cathedral (Flinders St), 07:15am. Apr- Sep: Thu. Oct - Mar: Mon Thu.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation approximately 10:45pm on day 4
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- national park entrance fees
- 3 nights dorm accommodation
- return coach/ferry transport from Adelaide accommodation to Kangaroo Island.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm/waterproof clothing (even in summer)
- water bottle
- swimming gear
- insect repellent
- motion sickness tablets (for ferry).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weatherextremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Kangaroo Island ferry does not operate on Christmas Day therefore tour will not operate 24 - 25 December2013.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections if you have any specialdietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Connections with yourpreferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on otheravailable pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our defaultpick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour)if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up pointat the appropriate time.
- Maximum passenger numbers whilst touring is 20, however when we transfer by coach to/from ferry it’s amaximum of 50.
- Tour is operated by our touring partners SeaLink and Autopia Tours.
- Minimum unaccompanied age is 17 years, children under the age of 17 must upgrade to private room.