Max Passengers: 24
AUD $390.00EUR €335.00GBP £265.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Melbourne to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $390.00EUR €335.00GBP £265.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne to Port Campbell
DEFAULT PICK UP: Nomads Industry (196 A’Beckett St), 06:15am
We depart Melbourne and journey to Torquay and the start of the Great Ocean Road. Passing through picturesque Lorne, we continue on to Kennett River where we take a short walk to spot wild koalas — keep your camera at the ready! After a quick lunch stop at Apollo Bay we head inland to experience Otway Tree Top Walk — the best way to explore this temperate rainforest and wildlife sanctuary. Next we head back to the coast to see the magnificent rock formations that rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean and are affectionately known as the Twelve Apostles. Learn about the shipwreck history that gave Loch Ard Gorge its name before we settle in for the night in the friendly town of Port Campbell, nestled between the rocky cliffs and the pristine beaches. (D)
Day 2 – Great Ocean Road to Grampians National Park
Before leaving scenic Great Ocean Road we take some time to explore the beautiful local landscape including The Arch, London Bridge and the Bay of Martyrs. We travel away from the coast through the farming regions of Western Victoria and into Grampians National Park — a place of great significance for the Indigenous population. Next stop is Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you’ll learn about the ancient Creation time stories of local Indigenous people. Your creative skills will be put to use as we create personalised Boomerang souvenirs to take home. Tonight we cook up a storm with an authentic Aussie BBQ, cooked for you by your guide! (BD)
Day 3 – Grampians National Park to Adelaide
Pull on your hiking boots for a visit to the base of McKenzie Falls, the highest waterfall in the Grampians Range. Take in an incredible Aboriginal art site before a short hike to a lookout spot that delivers spectacular 360 degree views of the Northern Grampians. Leaving the mountains behind, we pass through the Gap and head towards the South Australian border. We cross the mighty Murray River, the longest river in Australia, before arriving in idyllic Adelaide, the ‘city of churches’. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location: Default pick up: Nomads Industry (196 A’Beckett St) at 06:15am. Other pick up locations available are: Opposite Victorian Arts Centre (St Kilda Rd, Southbank) at 06:00am; Base Backpackers (17 Carlisle St, St Kilda) at 06:30am.
Arrival location: Select Adelaide accommodation early evening day 3
Tour departs: All Year: Wed, Sun
This tour is for 18-39 year olds only.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as indicated
- accommodation transfers
- 2 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or budget ensuite twin/double or single room if ugrading)
Accommodation upgrades: 2 nights budget ensuite
Twin/Double: AUD $ 610 / € 525 / ₤ 410
Single: AUD $ 690 / € 595 / ₤ 460
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- This tour is for 18-39 year olds ONLY
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Topdeck.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.