Take a trip to Sydney without missing anything along the way! Better than taking a plane, stop and explore the beautiful part of the country between Australia's two main cities - Melbourne and Adelaide. We stop off at the national capital, Canberra where you can visit the war museum and Parliament House. We also make a stop at Australia's tallest mountain, Mt Kozciuszko, after we visit the Snowy Mountains, home to some of the country's famous literary geniuses. Other highlights include Wilson's Prom and Lakes Entrance.
Max Passengers: 24
AUD $399.00EUR €345.00GBP £265.00
|Tour Style||Unleashed 18-39|
|Route||Melbourne to Sydney|
|Price (adult)||AUD $399.00EUR €345.00GBP £265.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Melbourne to Wilson’s Promontory
DEFAULT PICK UP: Nomads Industry (196 A’Beckett St), 06:30am
Leaving from this great city, we'll navigate the the road out to the most southerly point of the Australian mainland; Wilson's Promontory. Here we take in a national park of great natural beauty where kangaroos and emus live amongst the verdant green bushland and the waves crash upon the stunning coastline nearby. We'll take a hike up along the granite walkway to lookout, and take in the numerous scenic points. Our afternoon journey takes us out to the edge of the Tasman Sea and to our overnight break on the Edge of the coastal Lakes. (D)
Day 2 – Lakes Entrance to Snowy Mountains
Head north through the magnificent Snowy River region and get a taste for mountain lifestyle before we cross borders into New South Wales. Our evening destination is placed right in the heart of the Australia’s Snowy Mountains. We may be high up already, but later today we’re going even higher – Mt Kosciuszko, Australia’s highest peak at 2,228 metres above sea level. Don’t be put off: it’s a relatively moderate hike from the top of the Crackenback Express chairlift, or you can take the shorter walk to the lookout point. (BD)
Day 3 – Snowy Mountains to Sydney
After a hearty breakfast, we’ll travel across the Monaro plains and learn a little about Australia’s biggest ever engineering project, the Snowy Mountains Scheme. Then we are bound straight for the Nation’s Capital, Canberra. Architecturally designed from the ground up by Walter Burley Griffin, it’s awash with cool green spaces and grand boulevards. We’ll tour the iconic Parliament House set atop a slight incline, as well as the Australian War Memorial, even pass by a number of Foreign Embassies. Destined for the largest city in Australia we are welcomed by the busy city streets of Sydney where our Metro, Rock and Top End trip comes to an end. (B)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: Nomads Industry (196 A’Beckett St) at 06:30am. Other pick up locations available are: Opposite Victorian Arts Centre (St Kilda Rd, Southbank) at 06:50am; Base Backpackers (17 Carlisle St, St Kilda) at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Sydney accommodation early evening on day 3
Tour departs: Oct 2013 -Mar 2014: Tue, Sat
(Tour does not operate from Apr-Sept)
This tour is for 18-39 year olds only.
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- national park entrance fees
- meals as included
- accommodation transfers
- at Mt Kosciuszko (seasonal)
- 2 nights hostel dorm accommodation incl. bed linen (or upgrade to Twin/Double or Single budget ensuite).
Accommodation upgrades: 2 nights budget ensuite
Twin/Double: AUD $ 499 / € 430 / ₤ 330
Single: AUD $ 599 / € 520 / ₤ 400
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- money for meals and optional activities.
- This tour is for 18-39 year olds ONLY
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Topdeck.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and must be shown to the guide on day one.
- Upgrade accommodation is budget style and may be located on different premises to dorm accommodation.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 20kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.