ATTENTION: This tour is only for fit and active people, who can hike 5-9kms a day over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Some hikes may require sections of walking/swimming through water. Temperatures can be extreme i.e. very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. The operator reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure. Tour is not suitable for children. Due to the remote nature of the Kimberley region we use bush camps with limited facilities on some nights. There is a STRICT LUGGAGE LIMIT of 15kgs per person, in a backpack or soft bag.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $2050.00EUR €1565.00GBP £1300.00
|Route||Broome to Darwin|
|Price (adult)||AUD $2050.00EUR €1565.00GBP £1300.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Broome to Windjana Gorge
DEFAULT PICK UP: Kimberley Klub YHA, 06:30am
Departing Broome we stop briefly at Willare Bridge, where a rushing torrent of water flows in the mighty Fitzroy River (seasonal). From here we leave the bitumen behind as we head for the Oscar Range and on to Tunnel Creek, where a 750 metre tunnel passes under the Napier Range. The area has a rich bushranger history – ask your guide for the true story! (LD)
Day 2 – Windjana Gorge to Mt Barnett
We explore Windjana Gorge (there’s plenty of freshwater crocodiles here!) before we hit the road again to travel along the famous Gibb River Road — a 600km dirt track right in the heat of the Kimberley region. Depending on the time of year, we may be able to explore Galvins or Adcock Gorge before setting up camp at Manning Gorge. (BLD)
Day 3 – Gibb River Road and Gorges
Today it’s time for swimming and hiking in the Kimberleys! Explore the striking Manning Gorge and time permitting, we head into Barnett Gorge. Your experienced guide will use their local knowledge to determine the best gorges for you to explore. After a full day of exploration you’ll welcome another night under the stars at our bush camp. (BLD)
Day 4 – Gibb River Road to El Questro Station
We pass through some ancient and spectacular country as we travel along the Gibb River Road. Crossing the Pentecost River, we get a true outback experience as we reach the famous El Questro Station — over 1 million acres in size. We walk into the beautiful Cockburn Ranges for a swim under the waterfall at Emma Gorge before retiring for the night. (BLD)
Day 5 – El Questro to Bungle Bungles
Today sit back and admire the awesome scenery of the Carr Boyd and Durack Ranges as we head to Turkey Creek. We take a challenging 4WD trip into the Bungle Bungles (Purnululu) National Park just in time to catch the sunset over the Osmond Ranges and our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 6 – Bungle Bungle National Park
Get ready for a full day of exploration today. The rock formations of the Bungle Bungles massif are remarkable and we visit breathtaking Echidna Chasm and magnificent Cathedral Gorge. There’s time to get another perspective of the Bungles by helicopter if you choose (at own expense) before we head back to our overnight bush camp. (BLD)
Day 7 – Bungle Bungles to Kununurra Region
It’s time for some 4WD action as we wind our way out of the Bungle Bungles on our way to Kununurra. Time permitting we will have the opportunity to explore the Hidden Valley, just a stones throw from Kununurra township. (BLD)
Day 8 – Kununurra Region to Victoria River Region
Today we visit Lake Argyle, created by the Ord River Dam. Lake Argyle is the biggest man-made lake in Australia and is eighteen times bigger than Sydney Harbour! We spend some time here this morning before crossing the state border into the Northern Territory to reach camp near the Victoria River. (BLD)
Day 9 – Victoria River Region to Darwin
We’re on the home stretch now! It’s a short hop across to Katherine where we stop at either Katherine (Nitmiluk) Gorge, or take one last refreshing swim at Edith Falls. We then make our final journey into Darwin. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Broome accommodation from 6:30am. Default pick up: Kimberley Klub YHA at 06:30am.
Arrival location : Darwin accommodation early evening Day 9
May: 01 08 15 22 29
Jun: 05 12 16 19 26 30
Jul: 03 07 10 14 17 21 24 31
Aug: 04 07 14 18 21 28
Sep: 01 04 11 18 22 25
Oct: 02 09 16 23 30
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- Camping fees and equipment
- National Park fees
- Helicopter ride at Bungle Bungles
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (or can be purchased for $30).
- Itinerary may vary and/or attractions substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, traditional owner and national park requirements, particularly in November and April when the Gibb River Road and Purnululu National Park may be closed. See terms and conditions for full details.
- This tour is only for fit and active people, who can hike 5-9kms a day over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Some hikes may require sections of walking/swimming through water. Temperatures can be extreme — very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Adventure Tours Australia reserve the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Due to the remote nature of the Pilbara region we use bush camps with limited facilities on some nights.
- Tours must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.