An adventure for those who are after a true no frills experience. You'll be camping under the stars and in dorm share accommodation on this tour through Western Australia. Spot dolphins in Monkey Mia and snorkel the beautiful reef out of Coral Bay. Take a swim in Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. We'll also take you to Exmouth, Carnarvon, Cable Beach and New Norcia along the way. The tour ends in Perth on the evening of day 14.
Max Passengers: 21
AUD $1645.00EUR €1255.00GBP £1045.00
|Route||Broome to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1645.00EUR €1255.00GBP £1045.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Broome to Pilbara Region
DEFAULT PICK UP: Kimberley Klub YHA, 06:30am
Departing Broome we cross the Great Sandy Desert, calling in at the coastal oasis of Eighty Mile Beach where we can take a stroll along the beautiful white sand beach. We travel further south through Port Hedland checking out the enormous piles of iron ore and salt, before setting up camp for an overnight station stay in the Pilbara Region. Tonight, we have the perfect chance to share stories and laughs around the campfire. (LD)
Day 2 – Pilbara Region to Karijini National Park
This morning we make our way to the remote but spectacular Karijini National Park, where we spend the next three days exploring the ancient gorges and stunning swimming holes. We begin our Karijini experience with a visit to the Karijini Cultural Centre before heading for Fortesque Falls where you will be rewarded with a refreshing swim. Overnight camp in Karijini. (BLD)
Days 3 and 4 – Karijini National Park
The next two days are spent exploring, swimming and relaxing in the magnificent Karijini gorges. One of the oldest landscapes on earth – the region will amaze you. We will explore a number of gorges including Weano Gorge, Oxers Lookout, Hancock Gorge, amongst others. Overnight camp in Karijini. (BLD)
Day 5 – Karijini National Park to Exmouth
Leaving Karijini, we travel through the vast bush land and station country on our way to Exmouth and our accommodation for the night. (BLD)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Coral Bay
This morning we explore the Cape Range National Park. Take a dip, snorkel or relax on the beach at picturesque Turquoise Bay and take the short hike for stunning views of Yardie Creek. This afternoon we make the short trip to beautiful Coral Bay. (BLD)
Day 7 – Coral Bay
Spend the entire day snorkelling the famous Ningaloo Reef accessible from Coral Bay’s white sandy beach. Alternatively, you can choose one of the many optional activities including quad biking, coral viewing cruises and scuba diving (at own expense). (BD)
Day 8 – Coral Bay to Monkey Mia
Heading south we cross the Tropic of Capricorn and pass through the town of Carnarvon, famous for its bananas. We call in at unique Shell Beach made up of tiny shells before continuing on to Monkey Mia – famous for the wild dolphins that visit the beach daily. (BLD)
Day 9 – Monkey Mia to Kalbarri
Time this morning to visit with the dolphins before exploring some of the Shark Bay World Heritage area. We stop to view the stromatolites – the oldest living organisms in the world – before heading south for Kalbarri. Time permitting we will be able to view the Murchison Gorge and Natures Window this afternoon before arriving in this seaside resort town. (BLD)
Day 10 – Kalbarri to Perth
Departing via the coastal gorges of the Kalbarri National Park, we head to the picturesque seaside town of Dongara before travelling south through the fascinating landscape of the Nambung National Park and checking out the famous Pinnacle Desert. Then we make our way to Perth arriving in the early evening. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Broome accommodation from 6:30am. Default pick up: Kimberley Klub YHA at 06:30am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening Day 10.
May: 02 09 23
Jun: 06 13 20
Jul: 04 11 25
Aug: 08 15 29
Sep: 05 19 26
Oct: 03 17 24
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- 4 nights camping fees and equipment, 5 nights dorm accommodation (or upgrade to 5 nights budget private room with shared facilities)
- National Park entry fees
Accommodation Upgrade: includes 4 nights camping and 5 nights private room with shared facilities
Twin/Dbl: AUD$2025 / €1685 / ₤1360
Single: AUD$2485 / €2070 / ₤1670
Upgrade accommodation is available on some nights on a 'request' basis only
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48 hours prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604.
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15KG applies
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner