An adventure for those who are after a true no frills experience. You'll be camping under the stars and in dorm share accommodation on this tour through Western Australia. Spot dolphins in Monkey Mia and snorkel the beautiful reef out of Coral Bay. Take a swim in Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. We'll also take you to Exmouth, Carnarvon, Cable Beach and New Norcia along the way. The tour ends in Perth on the evening of day 14.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $1565.00EUR €1090.00GBP £935.00
|Route||Broome to Perth|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1565.00EUR €1090.00GBP £935.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 - Broome to Pilbara Region
DEFAULT PICK UP: Kimberley Klub YHA, 06:30am
Departing Broome we cross the Great Sandy Desert, calling in at the coastal oasis of Eighty Mile Beach alongthe way where we can take a stroll along the beautiful white sand beach. We travel further South throughPort Hedland checking out the enormous iron ore industry before setting up camp for an overnight stationstay in the Pilbara Region where you’ll get to know your fellow travelers around the campfire. (LD)
Day 2 – Pilbara Region to Karijini National Park
This morning we make our way to the remote but spectacular Karijini National Park, where we spend thenext three days exploring the ancient gorges and stunning swimming holes. We begin our Karijini experiencewith a visit to the Karijini Cultural Centre before heading for Fortesque Falls where you will be rewarded witha refreshing swim. Overnight camp in Karijini. (BLD)
Days 3 and 4 - Karijini National Park
The next two days are spent exploring, swimming and relaxing in the magnificent Karijini gorges. Bring yourcamera as you’ll want to remember this forever. One of the oldest landscapes on earth – the region willcontinue to amaze you. We will explore a number of gorges including Weano Gorge, Oxers Lookout, HancockGorge, amongst others. Overnight camp in Karijini. (BLD)
Day 5 - Karijini National Park to Exmouth
Leaving Karijini, we travel through the vast bush land and station country on our way to Exmouth and ontoour accommodation for the night. (BLD)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Coral Bay
Enjoy a day of freedom and relaxation. Go snorkeling or diving, search for whale sharks (seasonal and at ownexpense) or view Vlamingh Head Lighthouse then choose to laze on the pristine beach at Turquoise Bay andsoak up the sunshine. This afternoon we make the short trip to beautiful Coral Bay (BLD).
Day 7 - Coral Bay
Spend the entire day snorkeling the world famous Ningaloo Reef and seeing the marine life that lives underthe waterline. Alternatively, thrill-seekers can choose one of the many optional activities including quadbiking, coral viewing cruises and scuba diving (at own expense). (BD)
Day 8 - Coral Bay to Shark Bay
Heading south we cross the Tropic of Capricorn and pass through the town of Carnarvon, famous for itsbananas. We call in at unique Shell Beach – made up entirely of tiny shells before continuing on to MonkeyMia where you will be able to say hello to the famous wild dolphins that live here. (BLD)
Day 9 – Shark Bay to Kalbarri
Time this morning to visit your new best friends, the dolphins, before exploring the Shark Bay WorldHeritage area. We stop to view the stromatolites – the oldest living organisms in the world – before headingSouth for Kalbarri. Time permitting we will be able to view the Murchison Gorge and Natures Window thisafternoon before arriving in this seaside resort town. (BLD)
Day 10 - Kalbarri to Perth
Departing via the coastal gorges of the Kalbarri National Park, we head to the beautiful seaside town ofDongara before travelling South through the fascinating landscape of the Nambung National Park andchecking out the famous Pinnacle Desert. We then make our way to Perth arriving in the early eveningwhere our tour concludes. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Broome accommodation from 6:30am. Default pick up: Kimberley Klub YHA at 06:30am.
Arrival location : Select Perth accommodation early evening Day 10.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- Meals as indicated
- 4 nights camping fees and equipment, 5 nights dorm accommodation (or upgrade to 5 nights budget private room with shared facilities)
- National Park entry fees
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, Traditional Owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Travel reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- National Park rules request that only biodegradable soap products are used whilst in Karijini National Park.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15KG applies.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guidebefore departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Travel if you have any special dietaryrequirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Travel with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up pointat the appropriate time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner