This adventure from Perth to Adelaide will take you to the famous Wave Rock, the beautiful beaches of Esperance, Cape Le Grand National Park, Newman Rocks, Nullarbor Plain, Baird Bay and Port Lincoln. Two nights you'll spend bush camping, one night on a farm and five nights camping under the stars. Enjoy sand boarding as well as a nocturnal wildlife tour. In Port Lincoln you'll have the opportunity to go cage diving with Sharks, if that's your cup of tea. The tour ends in Adelaide on day nine.
Max Passengers: 18
AUD $1395.00GBP £805.00EUR €960.00
|Route||Perth to Adelaide|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1395.00EUR €960.00GBP £805.00|
|Valid||31 March 2015 - 30 March 2016|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Fitzgerald River National Park
DEFAULT PICK UP: YHA Perth, 07:00am
Our adventure starts by travelling East over the Darling Ranges. After a morning break at the historic township of York we continue on to the iconic rock formation of Wave Rock. After lunch we drive further South to our camp in the Fitzgerald River National Park. (LD)
Day 2 – Fitzgerald River National Park to Esperance
Today we arrive in Esperance and explore the beautiful beach-side town. We set up camp at Cape Le Grand National Park, only metres from a postcard perfect beach. The afternoon is dedicated to exploring the stunning coastal park as well as a hike up the granite formation known as Frenchman Peak. (BLD)
Day 3 – Cape Le Grand to Newman Rocks
Enjoy some free time this morning to explore this beautiful area. Take a coastal walk, go for a swim, body surf or just relax with a book while lying on the pure white beach (although you may have to share with the local kangaroos). Late morning we travel along the Eyre Highwayand set up our bush camp for the evening. (BLD)
Day 4 – Newman Rocks to Koonalda
Today will certainly give you a great sense of the sheer size of this vast and ancient land. We’ll be travelling across underground caves and lake systems along the largest solid piece of limestone in the world – the Nullabor Plain. We pass through diverse Australian country and stop to visit the Eucla Telegraph Station now buried by sand dunes. Then it’s on to Koonalda Homestead ruins where we stay for the night. (BLD)
Day 5 – Koonalda to Coodlie Park Farm
Back on the road, we see the beautiful Nullarbor Cliffs before stopping at the famous wombat-camel-kangaroo road sign for a great photo opportunity. In season (June – October) the Southern Right Whales migrate to the Head of the Bight. We then drive onto the Nullarbor Plainand cross the dingo fence through Yalata Aboriginal lands.
Looking for some culture? We make a stop at the Ceduna Arts and Cultural centre to learn about the different styles and meaning behind some Indigenous art. Our camp for the next two nights is Coodlie Park Farm Retreat. (BLD)
Day 6 – Coodlie Park Farm Retreat
Today we drive to Baird Bay, a small fishing village which offers a range of optional activities including a boat experience and swimming with dolphins and Australian sea lions. A short drive brings us to Murphy’s Haystacks where we’ll see incredible granite rock formations sculptured into weird and interesting shapes over the past millions of years. Our hosts at Crocodile Park (where we stay for the night) will take us on a nocturnal wildlife tour searching for Australia’s national emblems: kangaroos, wombats and emus. (BLD)
Day 7 – Coodlie Park to Port Lincoln
This morning we travel on toward Elliston to do the great ocean tourist drive and a last look at the amazing cliffs of the bight at Locks Well, 378 steps to the beach. Travelling on to Port Lincoln for lunch. You will be able to discover a little bit of Port Lincoln on your own for an hour. Mikkira Station is where we camp on a private campground with Koalas in nearly every tree. We have time to go for a walk around the property to see some Giant Yakkas and see if you can find some koalas in the Manna Gum. After lunch we travel to Locks Well and admire the view and the man made 291 steps down to the Locks Well beach. Tonight we camp at Mikkira Station, a private campground with a great opportunity to see koalas in their native environment. (BLD)
Day 8 – Port Lincoln
For those not wishing to be quite so extreme, we head out to Whalers Way Conservation Park for some spectacular and stunning coastlines. If we are lucky we will see some kangaroos and emus in this privately owned Flora and Fauna Reserve. This drive is followed by a walk in the Lincoln National park and to have a relaxed lunch and maybe a swim, then a visit to Glen Forest Wildlife Park and visit the wildlife you saw on the Nullarbor up close. You even get to hand feed some of the animals. We head for our camp at Port Neill for the night. (BLD)
Day 9 – Port Lincoln to Adelaide
Today we head through Whyalla then into Port Augusta and the Wadlatta Cultural Centre. From here we travel through the beautiful Southern Flinders Ranges for our last bushwalk together before arriving into Adelaide for our final goodbye. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Default pick up: YHA Perth at 07:00am. Other pick up locations available are: Billabong Backpackers at 06:20am; Brittania on William at 06:45am; Wellington St Tourist Coach Stand at 07:00am.
Arrival location : Select Adelaide accommodation early evening Day 9.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide,
- national park entry,
- meals as indicated,
- air-conditioned vehicle,
- Aussie country pub experience,
- accommodation as follows: 2 nights bush camping (no facilities), 1 night farm stay accommodation, and 5 nights at camp grounds with showers/toilets. All camping fees/equipment included (except sleeping bag). Tents are 3 person dome style shared by 2 people.
Optional Experiences (at own expense, please note prices are a guide only and may vary without notice); Swim with Sea lions and Dolphins ($195), Great White Shark Cage Diving Adventures ($495 - includes wetsuit hire and highlights video package valued at $70). These experiences can be reserved at the time of booking the trip, but will be paid for locally.
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottle
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (not available for hire or purchase on the tour, so please bring your own).
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, and traditional owner/national park requirements. Please see terms and conditions of travel for full details.
- Tour is operated by our touring partner Nullabor Traveller. Optional activities offered are independent to Nullarbor Traveller and their terms and conditions apply.
- Please arrive for tour 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Sleeping bags are compulsory for this tour. Nullarbor Traveller do not offer sleeping bags for purchase or hire, so passengers must have their own to bring.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to your tour guide before departure.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements, allergies, or medical conditions well ahead of departure.
- The default pick up point is where we will meet you for your tour, unless you or your travel agent requests an alternative location (contact our Reservations team for more information). It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred pick up point well ahead of departure. We do not take responsibility for missed tours if we have not been advised of an alternative in advance and you are not at the default location on time.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.