An adventure for those who are after a true no frills Western Australia experience. Camping under the stars and in dorm share accommodation on this tour through Western Australia. Starting in the capital, Perth, you'll be spotting dolphins in Monkey Mia and snorkelling the beautiful reef out of Coral Bay. Take a swim in Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. We'll also take you to Exmouth, Carnarvon, Cable Beach and New Norcia along the way. The tour ends in Broome in the Kimberley on the evening of Day 10.
Max Passengers: 21
AUD $1645.00EUR €1255.00GBP £1045.00
|Route||Perth to Broome|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1645.00EUR €1255.00GBP £1045.00|
|Valid||31 March 2013 - 30 March 2014|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Horrocks
DEFAULT PICK UP: Barrack St Jetty, 07:15am
Leaving Perth we enter Nambung National Park to explore the mysterious Pinnacles Desert one of the most beautiful and impressive landscapes of Australia. We then journey to the massive sand dunes of Jurien Bay where you’ll have the opportunity to sandboard down the slopes, before continuing on through Geraldton to Horrocks, where we stay overnight. (LD)
Day 2 – Horrocks to Shark Bay
A short drive to Kalbarri National Park where we explore some of the park’s diverse landscapes including Murchison Gorge, Natures Window, the Loop and Z-Bend Gorge (a steep descent but worth the effort for a refreshing swim). There is also the option to abseil here (own expense). After lunch we visit beautiful Shell Beach one of only two beaches in the world made entirely from shells, before getting back on the road towards Denham and Shark Bay. (BLD)
Day 3 – Shark Bay to Coral Bay
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula we make our way down to the beach and the world famous Monkey Mia dolphins – a unique experience with some fantastic photo opportunities. Next stop is Carnarvon where we view the fascinating stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. After this short break we continue along the highway to Coral Bay, the ‘Jewel of the Northwest’. (BLD)
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
Take a day to relax and explore Coral Bay, which is idyllic as the name suggests, and the wonders of Ningaloo Reef with its amazing marine life. You can go snorkeling, cruise on the glass bottom boat, take a quad bike tour or even a joy flight over the reef (all at own expense and subject to availability). Late afternoon and it’s time for the short drive into Exmouth. (BLD)
Day 5 – Exmouth
Today we explore Yardie Creek in the Cape Range National Park, have a swim, snorkel or sunbathe at beautiful Turquoise Bay and admire the view from historic Vlahming Head Lighthouse. (BL)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Karijini National Park
We head inland through vast cattle stations to reach the oasis of Karijini National Park. This afternoon we pass through the outback regions known for its iron ore mining, before reaching our camp overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range. (LD)
Days 7 and 8 – Karijini National Park
Two full days of adventure is just the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini National Park and its amazing gorges. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges are some of the most unusual landforms on earth. Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and fresh, still waterholes — perfect for swimming. Dales Gorge, Fortesque Falls, Fern Pool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge and Hancock Gorge are just some of the stunning areas we’ll get to. Definitely a highlight! (BLD)
Day 9 – Karijini National Park to Pilbara Region
We depart Karijini this morning and travel towards the coast and the iron ore town of Port Hedland. We have time for a quick town tour and marvel at the sheer size of the iron ore industry. After lunch we continue on towards the Pilbara region, where we spend our last night together on an overnight station stay. (BLD)
Day 10 – Pilbara Region to Broome
En-route to Broome we enjoy a leisurely break and take in the glory of the stretching sands of picturesque 80 Mile Beach, one of Australia’s most remarkable hidden gems. Enjoy a stroll along the white sandy beach and get some fantastic photos of the azure water, before our final leg into Broome. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Perth accommodation from 06:30am. Default pick up: Barrack St Jetty at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Broome accommodation early evening Day 10.
Apr: 01 05 08 12 15 19 22 26 29
May: 03 06 10 13 17 24 27 31
Jun: 07 10 14 21 24 28
Jul: 01 05 08 12 15 19 26 29
Aug: 02 09 12 16 23 26 30
Sep: 02 06 09 13 16 20 23 27 30
Oct: 04 07 11 14 18 25
Nov: 01 08 11 15 22 25 29
Dec: 06 09 13 20 23 27
Jan: 03 06 10 13 17 20 24 27 31
Feb: 07 10 14 21 24 28
Mar: 07 10 14 17 21 28 31
To check out departures dates and availability, just click the BOOK NOW button on this page
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- 4 nights camping fees and equipment
- 5 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or upgrade private room if selected)
- national park entry fees
4 nights camping, 5 nights private room with shared facilities
Twin/Dbl: AUD$2025 / € 1685 / ₤1360
Single: AUD$2485 / € 2070 / ₤ 1670
Upgrades are on a 'request only' basis
- Abseiling at Kalbarri
- Sailing Cruise at Monkey Mia
- Snorkel with Whale Sharks (March-June)
- Coral Bay with Manta Rays
- Diving at Exmouth
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to the tour guide before departure.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Adventure Tours Australia reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- Tour must be reconfirmed 48hrs prior to departure by phone on 1300 654 604 (within Australia).
- It is your responsibility to contact Adventure Tours with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed in the itinerary and the PDF document on the website. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.