An adventure for those who are after a true no frills Western Australia experience. Camping under the stars and in dorm share accommodation on this tour through Western Australia. Starting in the capital, Perth, you'll be spotting dolphins in Monkey Mia and snorkelling the beautiful reef out of Coral Bay. Take a swim in Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. We'll also take you to Exmouth, Carnarvon, Cable Beach and New Norcia along the way. The tour ends in Broome in the Kimberley on the evening of Day 10.
Max Passengers: 20
AUD $1645.00EUR €1145.00GBP £985.00
|Route||Perth to Broome|
|Price (adult)||AUD $1645.00EUR €1145.00GBP £985.00|
|Valid||31 March 2014 - 30 March 2015|
Itinerary: day by day
Day 1 – Perth to Horrocks
DEFAULT PICK UP: Barrack St Jetty, 07:15am
Leaving Perth we enter Nambung National Park to explore the Pinnacles Desert - A unique landscapes unlikeany other in the country. We then journey to themassive sand dunes of Jurien Bay where you’ll have theopportunity to enjoy a sandboard down theslopes and perfect your technique. From here we continue onthrough Geraldton to Horrocks where we stay overnight. (LD)
Day 2 – Horrocks to Shark Bay
Today we take the short drive to Kalbarri National Park where we explore some of the park’s diverse scenerylike Murchison Gorge, Natures Window, the Loop and Z-Bend Gorge (a steep descent but worth the effortfor a refreshing swim). There is also the option to abseil here for those ooking for even more adventure (ownexpense). After lunch we visit the beautiful Shell Beach - one of only two beaches in the world made entirelyfrom shells, before getting back on the road towards Denham and Shark Bay. (BLD)
Day 3 – Shark Bay to Coral Bay
After a short drive across the Peron Peninsula we make our way down to the beach and pay a visit to theworld famous Monkey Mia dolphins – sure to become your new best friends. The next stop is Carnarvonwhere we see the fascinating stromatolites at Hamelin Pool. After a short break we continue along thehighway to Coral Bay, the ‘Jewel of the Northwest’. (BLD)
Day 4 – Coral Bay to Exmouth
Take a day to relax and explore Coral Bay – which is just as relaxing as the name suggests. We’ll also take avisit to the Ningaloo Reef the amazing marine life that lives below the waterline. Take a snorkel or cruise ona glass bottom boat to see for yourself.
If staying on land is more your thing then take a quad bike tour orsee the reef from another perspective and with a joy flights over the reef. (All at own expense and subjectto availability). When late afternoon comes around it’s time for the short drive into Exmouth. (BLD)
Day 5 – Exmouth
Enjoy another day of freedom and relaxation. Go snorkeling or diving, search for whale sharks (seasonal andat own expense) or view Vlamingh Head Lighthouse then choose to laze on the pristine beach at TurquoiseBay and soak up the sunshine. (BLD)
Day 6 – Exmouth to Karijini National Park
We head inland past many Aussie cattle stations to reach the outback oasis of Karijini National Park. This afternoon we will pass through Tom Price, a little town known for its iron ore mining, before reaching ourcamp overlooking the magnificent Hamersley Range. (LD)
Days 7 and 8 – Karijini National Park
Two full days of adventure is just the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini National Park and itsamazing gorges. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges are some of the most unusuallandforms on earth. You’ll be able to take some great photos while you’re here – perfect for your Facebookand Instagram feeds.
Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and fresh, still waterholesthat are ideal for swimming. Dales Gorge, Fortesque Falls, Fern Pool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge andHancock Gorge are just some of the unforgettable areas we’ll visit. Definitely a highlight! (BLD)
Day 9 – Karijini National Park to Pilbara Region
Say your sad farewells to Karijini this morning as we travel towards the coast and the iron ore town of PortHedland. We have time for a quick town tour and to marvel at the incredible size of the iron ore industry.After lunch we continue on towards the Pilbra region, where we spend the night together on an overnightstation stay. (BLD)
Day 10 – Pilbara Region to Broome
En-route to Broome we enjoy a leisurely break and take in the glory of the stretching sands of picturesque 80Mile Beach, one of Australia’s most remarkable hidden gems. Enjoy a stroll along the white sandy beach andget some fantastic photos of the azure water, before our final leg into Broome where we say our finalfarewell. (BL)
B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner
Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure. Please refer to terms and conditions for more details.
Departure location : Select Perth accommodation from 06:30am. Default pick up: Barrack St Jetty at 07:15am.
Arrival location : Select Broome accommodation early evening Day 10.
Departure dates for this tour are currently not available online. We apologise for this inconvenience.
For more information on your tour's departure dates please consult our pdf brochure here,
or call us on 1300 654 604 (within Australia) or +61 (03) 8102 7800 (international).
- Experienced guide
- meals as indicated
- 4 nights camping fees and equipment
- 5 nights dorm accommodation with shared facilities (or upgrade private room if selected)
- national park entry fees
What to bring
- Sturdy walking shoes (ankle high)
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- swimming gear
- warm clothing in winter
- water bottles
- insect repellent
- sleeping bag (can be purchased for $30)
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weathe rextremes, traditional owner and national park requirements. See terms and conditions for full details.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to the tour guide before departure.
- National Park rules request that only biodegradable soap products are used whilst in Karijini National Park.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- Tour is not suitable for children.
- Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Travel reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Our tours are activity and participation based. During your travels with us you will have the opportunity to assist with daily activities such as setting up camp, collecting firewood, helping prepare meals and clearing dishes. None of this is difficult, however many hands make light work and any assistance provided to crew is always much appreciated. Most people agree that this type of activity helps you feel like less of a tourist and more of an explorer.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Adventure Tours Australia/Intrepid Travel with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- A STRICT luggage limit of 15kg applies.
- B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.